Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 04-08-2011 04:27 AM

Love that block and fabrics keely. I think I have already said that I have some of this same fabric. I haven't cut it yet, just keeping it for something special.

Irene V 04-08-2011 06:11 AM

It's beautiful. That's what it is, Keelybird! I'm so glad you're back with us.

Obsessed 04-09-2011 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by keelybird57
Thank you, everyone, for such nice comments! And....can you believe.... I finished this week's block on time! I'm on a roll! LOL

The color isn't quite this bright. But at least it's not all green again.

Nice block Keelybird! I like the blue, it really sets off the design nicely.

Can y'all believe that I haven't started next week's block yet?!? ;-) Someone else is going to have to be the early bird tomorrow! I am starting tonight though, so I will get it done next week...

Had a really busy week - our house is now under contract! So everything is falling into place for our move this summer.

Deecee 04-09-2011 04:51 AM

Congrats about the house being under contract Obsessed. You will have lots to do with a move coming up.

Jupiter 04-09-2011 09:30 PM

Are you moving to another town? or just up or down to re-size the family homestead? I don't envy you the packing, tho it is fun to unpack in a new place.

I don't have my blocks finished yet... 1.5 hrs before the deadline and here I sit, playing computer games! lol Someday I will get my priorities in some sort of order.

hugs, Jup

Deecee 04-10-2011 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
O.K. it's Monday morning here and no-one has posted so it looks like I have to be first.

I debated about my fabrics for the little squares on this one until I got tired thinking about whether they were leaves or buds. Then decided I liked this one. Having had both kids married in the last couple of years, somehow this fabric gave my nosegay a wedding bouquet feeling. But that might just be me. ;)

Nosegay
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182327[/ATTACH]

Irene V 04-10-2011 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DeeCee,
Your nosegay is beautiful. I love your colors. Here's mine. I wish I hadn't used the stripe here.

Deecee 04-10-2011 10:39 PM

Irene, I think your fussy cutting looks great on those little squares. Were'nt they just a pain to do! Stripes can sometimes be a pain also, but I like your stripe fabric.

I'm staring hard at your block 'cos I think you did the centre in one piece. Is that right? If so, that was clever of you.

Obsessed 04-11-2011 02:31 AM

Deecee and Irene - those are beautiful nosegays! I love the fussy cutting that you both did. Deecee - my "flowers" are yellow and red as well, with green leaves - so our blocks have a somewhat similar look. Great minds think alike once again!

Mine is glued down and the stitching has begun. I hope to post later today or tomorrow depending on how things go.

Irene V 04-11-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Irene V
DeeCee,
Your nosegay is beautiful. I love your colors. Here's mine. I wish I hadn't used the stripe here.

Hi Deecee,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about my center. I just followed the instructions. I sewed all those stripe pieces on top of the square. And yes, those fussy cuts were definitely a pain. I'm learning a lot from doing these blocks, mainly how NOT to do things, haha.