Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilt Along January 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilt-along-january-2013-a-t208380.html)

tesspug 03-24-2013 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Star Puzzle was fun. I used my Go Baby to cut all the triangles.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404033[/ATTACH]

Lyn Hut 03-25-2013 09:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone

I'm still trying to catch up not sure if I will ever but here are some more of my blocks,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404434[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404435[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404436[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404437[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404438[/ATTACH]

Dedemac 03-29-2013 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now it's time to start catching up. After 3 starts and lots of ripping and re-cutting, I finished it! Here is my Lemon Star its not quite square and its a little small but I did it, and I love the colors. I don't think I would do more than just one or two squares like this but it was a great learning experience. Now on too some easy squares and maybe some paper piecing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]405210[/ATTACH]

jaba 04-01-2013 06:22 PM

update

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...296-405817.JPGGoing to put all of them on the design wall tomorrow and figure out how many more I need for this quilt. Excited about putting it together.

sew_Tracy 04-01-2013 07:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been out of commission more or less the past 10 days, but I am on the mend now. I finished up the blocks for the first quilt tonight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]405830[/ATTACH]
The Lemon Star
I am sure I never met a block that made me want to poke my eyes out more! The reverse side has white as the background of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]405831[/ATTACH]
West Virginny Moonshine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]405832[/ATTACH]
All 40 blocks, 20 on the back and 20 on the front. I am thinking I will sash the black side with turquoise and the white side with hot pink.

Old_Rosebud 04-03-2013 05:34 AM

All of you have made beautiful blocks! For those of you putting them together in a quilt or throw - are you planning on using sashing between the blocks? Just curious as I would like to use mine in some type of quilt. I am not sure how to tie together different blocks otherwise.
I am planning on getting caught up on these blocks this weekend.

jaba 04-03-2013 06:14 AM

Most of the time it depends on how large I want the quilt to be that determines how I sew it together. Plain sashing, or I have sashed them like a shadow box or put them on point. Usually put them all together and try the different ways to see which one I like the looks of better. have seen some that just sew the blocks together and sash around the outside. Whichever you like is the way you should sew it. I'm still "auditioning" mine for the final decision.

GirlLivingForJesus 04-03-2013 06:44 PM

I'm not making all of the blocks from this quilt along, but I'm using 12 of them. I plan on trying the ones I don't do later! I've saved them all!

I do plan on putting sashing between the blocks. I think it will help tie them all together! I have three and half more to do! The cactus flower is throwing me for a dozy!

sew_Tracy 04-04-2013 05:45 PM

I plan to sash mine as I quilted each block separate and finished quilting them today...tomorrow will add the sashing.

Dedemac 04-04-2013 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more down the Double Aster, this one I cheated a little. I have a problems sewing on the diagonals when I am placing small pieces. I tried the first time following the instructions. What to do? I created a paper piece pattern! Yes it was extra work but I think it turned out well. It is the correct size and I love the colors. I am about half way on the three different lap quilt.

Tracy, I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Jaba, Do you have a picture of your wall yet? Love to see it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406257[/ATTACH]