Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

Patricia Faye 06-28-2012 04:39 PM

janRN, I agree with jtquilts that Christmas fabrics would make a beautiful quilt, so that's my vote too!

Patricia Faye 07-01-2012 07:07 AM

marinerparent, I guess you could use a different paper piecing technique, but you will need the book for the block patterns. Hopefully the picture of the sampler quilt I posted helped answer some of your questions.

Fabric Galore, this is plain paper piecing on foundation papers. You don't have to make a patriotic quilt. The fabric choices are up to you. You could use fabrics from that era, civil war fabrics or even modern fabrics to update it! janRN may do hers in Christmas fabric. What fun!

janRN 07-02-2012 04:29 AM

I pulled out my box of Christmas fabrics and you all have me leaning in that direction. There's only one problem--I may not have enough and would have to force myself to go fabric shopping. Darn!! LOL. One thing I've learned from all the paper piecing I've done lately is that FQs and other precuts work well so I don't have to buy large pieces. But, darn, another shopping trip. (Can you see me smiling?)

jtquilts 07-03-2012 06:19 PM

Oh, no, janRN, not another shopping trip for fabrics! But, I would be right there with you! Keep us informed on what you decide.

Anael 07-04-2012 06:35 AM

I'm very tempted but I think I have to pass. I have too many projects already and am behind on most of them! Maybe I will catch up later.

Jan, I'm so sorry you have to go on another shopping trip :p

janRN 07-04-2012 08:19 AM

Anael, glad you're back from holiday. I blame you and the other Pony Club gals for my addiction to paper piecing!! This one is fewer blocks so I'm excited to take on another project. Think about joining us--you know you want to!!

Anael 07-04-2012 08:29 AM

Oh dear, I'm guilty :D
I want to but when I look at my to-do list I don't! I'm still contemplating..... I have to catch up with the Pony blocks before I even consider starting another project!

Patricia Faye 07-04-2012 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5337948)
I'm very tempted but I think I have to pass. I have too many projects already and am behind on most of them! Maybe I will catch up later.

Jan, I'm so sorry you have to go on another shopping trip :p

Aneal, so sorry you won't be joining us, but be sure to check in to see our progress from time to time OR join when you can!

jtquilts 07-04-2012 12:30 PM

Anael, I am relating to your desire to join, yet know maybe you shouldn't! I decided not to join and then this morning I thought about it again!

Anael 07-04-2012 12:55 PM

I might be able to finish my Sylvia before this one starts. If not I can always catch up with you all. Sooooooooooooo I might join you LOL