Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

Patricia Faye 06-22-2012 04:30 AM

Wonderful quilting nurse. Welcome to our growing group. Interesting we now have hopetoquilt, iwillquilt, janRN & quilting nurse! Should be fun.:thumbup:

Patricia Faye 06-22-2012 04:35 AM

Welcome stitch quick. We'e going to have fun!

jtquilts 06-22-2012 05:35 AM

I am soooooo tempted . . . . . but, I need to work on UFO's instead. I certainly will be keeping up with the progress! Judith

marinerparent 06-22-2012 07:45 AM

There are several Paper Piecing techniques out there. Do you know if it matters which technique you use with this particular book? Also, checked Amazon and there aren't any pictures on the front of the book as to what som of the blocks look like, nor can you do a peek at any of the pages. Can you let us know what some of the patters look like e.g. are they all stars or squares? Thank you very much as this sounds fun and would motivate me to get more blocks done :-)

Fabric Galore 06-22-2012 08:36 AM

I have some of the same concerns as marinerparent. Is this plain paper piecing on a foundation or English pp? I don't want to make a patriotic quilt at this time. I grew up in the 40s and I'm trying to remember what was popular back then besides "Drinking Rum & Coca-Cola". I know that women wore flowers in their hair, skirts were short, 2 piece bathing suits were the rage, and the jitterbug was hot. I don't how you would put that into a quilt.

lizzieann 06-22-2012 10:43 AM

I have been having this book that I never did anything with, maybe this will make me.

Fabric Galore 06-22-2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by lizzieann (Post 5308785)
I have been having this book that I never did anything with, maybe this will make me.

What do the quilt blocks look like? Are they on a patriotic theme or what? I don't want to spend $25 for another quilt book and then I might not like the patterns. Thanks.

Patricia Faye 06-22-2012 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore (Post 5308873)
What do the quilt blocks look like? Are they on a patriotic theme or what? I don't want to spend $25 for another quilt book and then I might not like the patterns. Thanks.

I wish Amazon.com allowed you to look through the pages as they do other books, but here is a copy of one of the completed quilts in the book:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343993[/ATTACH]

I hope this will entice you into joining us!

sandiquilts 06-22-2012 04:25 PM

I'll be joining! Ordered my book tonight. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE paper piecing!

Patricia Faye 06-22-2012 04:27 PM

sandiquilts, I love your enthusiasm! Welcome, we are going to have lots of fun too.