Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

jtquilts 10-09-2012 01:03 AM

I loooove the blocks posted today!

Carriem, I agree with JanRN about your block being bright and cheery!

JanRN, I really do think you are destined to make the two quilts in the two colorways! Try as you might to narrow it down to the batiks, Christmas keeps calling out to you!

Rosyhf, I have been watching how you are getting your blocks completed . . . . . how inspiring!

Marne, I especially like the purple with the yellow. I need to go back and look for them in your other posts.

Lyn Hut, I really like the contrast your block shows. I am using scrappy charm squares for my blocks (which presents another dimension of challenge) and I sometimes feel I don't have the proper contrast. Then I laugh and take my own advise and quit looking so close. When they get put together in a quilt I hope they 'play well' together!

karenpatrick 10-09-2012 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 5555237)
Thanks Pat, I am using up what I have in that line of fabric and have to get really creative lol....I am bound and determined to stick to just what's left.

Rosie, I have some of the green little flower fabric is you run short. Would be glad to share with you.

Purl 10-09-2012 12:36 PM

Block #6

1 Attachment(s)
Isn't it amazing how different this block looks with the fabric choices we have e made? Way cool! Love them all.
Purl

carriem 10-09-2012 04:08 PM

Purl--that is a pretty block. I like the black background in all your blocks...it makes the colors pop.

Rosyhf 10-09-2012 05:58 PM

Oh my, all the lovely, lovely blocks......

Patricia Faye 10-09-2012 05:58 PM

Everyone's blocks are beautiful.

rwquilts 10-10-2012 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone's blocks are so very pretty! They all look so different with using different fabrics. I love seeing all the variety!
I am confused however...if we're on week #6, then aren't we supposed to be posting the one after 1941 Patch, which is Shepherd's Crossing? Did I miss something? My poor brain is hurting over here...so I'm posting my #6, Shepherd's Crossing.

Anael 10-10-2012 09:28 AM

Beautiful blocks :D

According to the list on page one this weeks block (week 6) is Sunlight and Shadow.

rwquilts 10-10-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5575895)
Beautiful blocks :D

According to the list on page one this weeks block (week 6) is Sunlight and Shadow.

Thanks Anael for clearing that up for me. I see that the list on page one follows the 10 inch blocks, but not the 4" blocks, which is what I'm making...my #6 in order in the book is Shepherd's Crossing for the 4" size. Whew! Now it makes some sense to me. It's all good...I'm not sure why the book doesn't show them in the same order for both sizes?

Purl 10-12-2012 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5575909)
Thanks Anael for clearing that up for me. I see that the list on page one follows the 10 inch blocks, but not the 4" blocks, which is what I'm making...my #6 in order in the book is Shepherd's Crossing for the 4" size. Whew! Now it makes some sense to me. It's all good...I'm not sure why the book doesn't show them in the same order for both sizes?

I know, Ronda - isn't it strange? I have been going by the 10" block size list and it is keeping me out of trouble so far. Can't wait to see the finished quilts!
Purl