Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Rhonda's Second Sampler Quilt Along! (Week 1) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/rhondas-second-sampler-quilt-along-week-1-a-t160430.html)

marymc 10-15-2011 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Yippee, more blocks....this time I'm going to be planned colors instead of one like my last one.

I am also going to used planned colors for this one. Sounds fun.

klgreene 10-15-2011 01:06 PM

I did the 12" blocks last time, and doing the swap in 12" blocks so, I think this time I will do the 6" block. I just haven't decided on my color scheme yet.

cjomomma 10-15-2011 05:43 PM

I did the 12" blocks last time, and doing the swap in 12" blocks so, I think this time I will do the 6" block. I just haven't decided on my color scheme yet.

Whatever you decide on will be beautiful just like the last one.

Alondra 10-15-2011 06:12 PM

Wonderful block, and a great opportunity to try your cut-down method. Thanks, Rhonda! I look forward to the next blocks!

klgreene 10-16-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Thanks CJ, keep track of this sampler...Missed seeing you!

cjomomma 10-16-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Thanks CJ, keep track of this sampler...Missed seeing you!

Hi there!
I don't get on the main board too much. I'm mostly in the PDAs trying to stay out of trouble. :-)

kwiltkrazy 10-17-2011 06:04 PM

Rhonda;
How many blocks are there in all?
Am I correct that there is a block a week? What are the average colors per block?
Kwiltkrazy (Lucinda)

Rhonda 10-17-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Rhonda;
How many blocks are there in all?
Am I correct that there is a block a week? What are the average colors per block?
Kwiltkrazy (Lucinda)

Yes there is a quilt block a week. As to how many that is yet to be determined.

Rhonda 10-17-2011 06:30 PM

There are no rules no colors decided. I provide the quilt block and you take it and do what you like with it. I hope people will share some ideas and get some feedback on how they are using their quilt blocks.

You can pick and choose which ones you like. There are no requirements to finish all of them and no deadlines. Just offering my designs for anyone who wants to play!

I do like to do these to keep my name out there and get people interested in learning my cut down method. So it is sort of an advertising opportunity for me. I want to share my shortcuts with everyone. As there are a lot of new quilters I thought it was time to do another event. This is a chance for me to reach new people and share what I do.

Obsessed 10-18-2011 12:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm a sucker for a good quilt along. Can't resist....

I wanted to try a block last night - so here it is. I didn't see a separate picture thread, so I hope this is the right place to post this. This is a 9 1/2 inch block - because that is the largest size I could do with the scraps I was using. I think I may do 6 1/2 inch blocks though when I do it "for real" with the templates so that I have a little more wiggle room for cutting back. Not sure though. Still thinking it over.

Anyway - thanks for looking! It was fun!

Ashley
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273428[/ATTACH]