Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

Mirabs_dd 08-08-2013 01:59 AM

Hahahahaha.... Yeah maybe mum.. 😛

gardnergal970 08-08-2013 04:42 AM

Welcome, Mirabs_dd! Yes, Mirabelle, you will have to watch what you say. Who know? Maybe your DH has put her on Mummy watch to make sure you are not further abusing your shoulder!

Welcome to all the rest of you too. We are a very inclusive group and seriously enjoy the eyecandy that gets created. Just having to show off the blocks has made me a better quilter and the laughs we have together....and the tears and hugs....a great place to be!

janRN 08-08-2013 05:00 AM

Glad you're joining us Mirabs_dd. I can't wait to see your work--you mom is an awesome quilter.

Happy that so many are joining in to do SYE. As Ggal said, this group has made me a much better quilter and they've also encouraged me to finish some large projects that would have become UFOs if not for them. This will be so much fun.

Anael 08-08-2013 05:04 AM

Very well said GG :)

QuiltE 08-08-2013 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6221743)
I had better watch what I say on here now:D

Yup ... no secrets now!

MiraBsDD .... sometime when your Mom is off raiding your stash, you'll have to tell us some of her deep dark secrets!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Anyone else feel almost as though they already know MiraBsDD?
Or is it just moi?

GGal ... I think they are partners in crime, so I have a feeling the Mummy Watch would be a no go!

JanRN ... and there's PPing!!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-08-2013 05:24 AM

mirabs_dd welcome to our group; we have had so much fun with your Mother...and loved her recipes that she has shared with us. Maybe you will share some of yours, especially those that will help us all lose weight!!

Dh is telling me what I need to gather from the garden for the day, so guess that means I cannot start in the quilt room this morning.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Welcome everyone who signs up for this adventure...celebrate the day!!!

QuiltE 08-08-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mirabs_dd (Post 6221760)
Hahahahaha.... Yeah maybe mum.. 

Re-thinking this ..... :( now we will not be able to see your "gift quilts" before you do! :(

oksewglad 08-08-2013 07:27 AM

A welcome to a second generation quilter Mirabs_dd--anxious to see your quilts too.

deranged_damsel 08-08-2013 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mirabs_dd (Post 6221627)
We decided on mirabs_dd
Hi y'all! :-D Finally made it onto mums forum! Yay! 💗

!!!!!YAY!!!!! HELLO :D :D :D glad to meet you finally!

Caroline S 08-08-2013 08:42 AM

I am in on this one, mainly to perfect my paper piecing skills. What's one more project? I have printed all of the monthly blocks. Now off to shop the stash.