Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

moonrise 01-07-2013 05:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two small ones. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386417[/ATTACH]

Sauki1 01-07-2013 05:10 AM

Wow! Very nice. :)

frenchfryqueen 01-07-2013 05:25 AM

Wow ladies! I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. Loving all your fabric choices. And those of you who were concerned about your nine squares.. no need to be. They all look great!

sewNso 01-07-2013 05:32 AM

cindy, i have sewed together 4 x 6 blocks. it was going to be 2 of the lap quilts, then i added more to the lst one. so will have some orphan blocks to use up. so maybe a queen, when i get done? or a big double. i need one that size for a give away. don't know whether people stick their noses up at scrappy quilts or not. but i figure, if she like and cherish it, then she would deserve a better one someday.
dropping off oatmeal muffins in the club car, help yourself. lots of blueberries in them, that i picked and froze last summer.

Elisabrat 01-07-2013 06:33 AM

I did all the cutting yesterday and started sewing but the nap queen came and hit me on the head and well its as far as I got. I went with a patterned flower for the stars and it truly makes it scrappy looking. I LOVE moon's black with whitestars now that accents the scrappys big time like really warm colors stand out. If I didnt have cats that would be a marvelous way to go. Cats=no black fabric. unless I want to roll it all day long to catch it all. sigh I do like black fabric too.

to the person who said decaffe coffee are you funny. THATS NOT COFFEE. I have one cup a day but its Ponyexpress coffee which is high caffeine. double the regular caffeine. NOW that is coffee. Before you go saying ah ha that is why she is so hyper you see dialysis kicks my tail. I would be so tired its not funny napping 20 hours of every day without it. I wish I could have four cups but that is twice my daily allowance of fluid so I have one. And its a good one. I will gladly share your belgan chocolates however. I think those sound so good right now with this hot cup of joe. oh yeah two of those and I could go sew. I am intending to.. but want 10 more minutes just to wake up. and wish I had more coffee!

sewNso 01-07-2013 07:57 AM

just got a perm. so i can sew more, and not have to worry about my hair. sooooo glad this train had a beautician on it. off to put the borders around the edge.
judy, 4 x 6 blocks. what size do you think i'll end up with? a queen? how many blocks are you planning on, for your king? thx

masufa 01-07-2013 08:28 AM

Thanks just wanted to make sure it wasn't a misprint.

masufa 01-07-2013 08:30 AM

I really like the one with black and white.

paintmejudy 01-07-2013 09:06 AM

Good morning, all. Wow, busy bunch yesterday afternoon! Every one's quilts are terrific, would have a hard time chooisng my favorite.

Moonwork- welcome aboard! Your blockss are looking' good!

reesky - love your color combo

cat on mach - Ahah! Someone doing multi stars - love it. My king with multi stars is put together and since I strip quilted, I have all the one side done, need to go back and do the other. It is done with stitch in the ditch technique but using a serpentine instead of a straight stitch..

masufa - sunlite is correct - four 2-1/2" squares.

sunlite - don't be coy, girl, you know what they are! (giggle)

gretchen - for the king I'm doing 6 of the 16-1/2" blocks wide by 5 long plus the extra star pieces and this coming Saturday's clue. I think I figured it will measure out to be 90 x 110. I don't have it to fit over the pillows, just pull to shoulder height like a blanket.

moonrise - bold and beautiful, love them

paulo - pretty in pastels.

sewnso - absolutely no clue as to exact size you will have, just figure on 1-1/2" per 6" block to the length, so if it is three of the 16-1/2" blocks long, that would be about 13-1/2" additional length, and 9" on the two block side

cat-on-a-mac 01-07-2013 09:31 AM

Judy, I'm curious about your quilting pattern. You say you're using a serpentine stitch along the seams... Are you leaving the big sashing sections (12/4) unquilted? I'm thinking of doing some form of grid, maybe 1" apart on the diagonal. But something other than a straight stitch might be fun ...

Pretty sure I know what step 3's going to be, but I'll hold off until you post it. I've got another quilt to finish FMQ on, which will keep me busy in the meantime.

Thanks for keeping this train rolling!