Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

Belfrybat 12-29-2012 06:28 PM

JUDY - can this be made into an in-between size? Obviously I have no idea where this is heading, but I wondered if nine 9 patches would make up for the quilt? With other changes, naturally. Or would it be better to put a larger border on the small size? Trying to get to about a 48" x 60-65".

VickiM 12-29-2012 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julielhs (Post 5747650)
I'm working on the 3rd train ride today, but I think I will use the 4 1/2" squares are leaders and work on both:)

That's exactly what I have planned to do...can finish the 3rd mystery & work on this at the same time. Craftshows & Xmas got in the way of finishing the 3rd & so I need to play catch up. Have to work on them both inbetween getting about 8-10 quilts quilted...some are donations & some for the booth (1st craftshow of the year is in Feb.). I love these mystery trains! Thank you Judy!!!:)

adamae 12-29-2012 06:32 PM

Joining the my first mystery train ride with chili in the diner....now on the way to meditate in my assigned seat with colors dancing through my head.
Am excited about the challenge of thiis ride.

francie yuhas 12-29-2012 07:10 PM

OK! I have the blocks done and tucked away where it's likely I'll find them in a week. DH had a spazz...you're not starting another one,before you have the other ones finished,are you? He's an accountant and never starts some new thing til the first is done. Oh well,I'm off to the club car for some hot chocolate with a thimbleful of coconut rum.

happylab 12-29-2012 08:02 PM

Count me in. This is my 1st train ride, so I'll try to follow along. But until then off to my scrap bin to find my scraps.

marytoddliz 12-29-2012 08:21 PM

francie, maybe you better double that thimble full of rum! My Hubby thinks I should work on one project at a time, finish it and then start another... with fabric I already have! What is the fun in that! I am going to get all my UFP's done this year, but that does not mean I can't start a new batch!

I like this train ride so far Judy! it looks so fun! I finished both train ride one and two... Three is still in pieces, but I have to start a new project and I love using up my 4.5 in squares! I try to cut all scraps into blocks and put them in baggies so they are ready as needed... So I think I will make at least a double sized one this time!

Elisa, just shut your eyes and grab! It will be beautiful!

I will start this one tomorrow!

SulaBug 12-30-2012 12:26 AM

Hi Judy...........I am so in, too!! :D I do have a question for you though. I have a large amount of 4" squares already cut. Would these work out just as well, as your 4 1/2" squares? I sure hope so, as I have two blocks sewed together already!! I will wait to hear from you before making any more of them. This is going to be so fun & I am so excited.
:D :D :D :D

Quiltaddiction 12-30-2012 02:06 AM

I went to spotlight and got blue and yellow as my A & B and will mix and match he charm packs I have. Only working a half day tomorrow and a public holiday on Tuesday so lots of quilting coming up.:thumbup:

sustraley 12-30-2012 03:44 AM

All you first time train riders--you wil be so happy you did this. Judy's mystrey quilts are awesome. I have done each one and always look forward to the next one. Welcome!!

lovelyl 12-30-2012 05:55 AM

I will bring a nice assortment of teas and some English muffins!