Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

JanieW 12-29-2012 11:28 AM

I would like to do this.

I have a question, Judy I have a ton of blue/yellow scraps that would be perfect for this. Would that work if I had a deep blue that reads solid for A and a white on white for B (or vice versa) if my scraps for the other is blue/ yellow?

Caroline S 12-29-2012 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5747426)
climbing out of the 'charm' bin

did someone say carrots

Yes, as in marmalade. Sooo good. I will dig out my recipe if any one wants it.

LoisM 12-29-2012 11:45 AM

I doubt that I'll be able to join in but I'll be following this thread just to see what you all come up with. I'm hoping to buy an Accuquilt GO which would help greatly in cutting the 4.5" squares. I need all the help I can get with my bad back.

dotcomdtcm 12-29-2012 11:47 AM

Getting started tonight! TY Judy!

sustraley 12-29-2012 12:10 PM

TY Judy. This will be my first scrappy too. Can't wait to get started sometime this weekend. Need to decide what size I want to do though.

Elisabrat 12-29-2012 12:23 PM

Just got home from dialysis cant wait to start. A bunch of 5" squares I can cut down no problem! Oh goody another project.. think I will go with the small one this way I can get it done in the three week period. I have never gone true scrappy this will be a challenge for me.. I sort colors and such so its scraps but color based lol..

Ok need a low phosphorus snack um.. pretzels without salt! a small handful anyone? a tiny apple? are you as excited as me? i am skipping the snack. eat two for me please. I have to cut it down by 30 percent. ugh thought I was doing good too :( bad bad brat.

roseirish48 12-29-2012 12:38 PM

i havent finished train ride #2 much less started on train ride # 3. but I love scrappy quilts and Paintmejudy always gives us such beautiful instructions for pleasing results. so i shall blunder along behind the train--eventually it will slow down enough for me to jump aboard.

gingerpie 12-29-2012 12:49 PM

I wanna try ?????

PokerDiva 12-29-2012 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my 9 patches done. Mostly cut from left over kiddie charms and some scraps from others Linus quilts.

paintmejudy 12-29-2012 01:25 PM

Janie, yes, blue and yellow scraps would work very well. If it were my quilt, I would use the dark blue for the A color and the light for B.

Woo hoo, Dotty, so glad to see you!

Sustraley - if you are undecided as to size, remember, for the lap you will be making twice the number of blocks (and it is all scrapp, lots more where that came from, right?) so if you like the way 6 of them look and you have enough of the A and B you can easily make 12 for the lap. I have decided I am going to make a king quilt for my bed -- going to find the thinnest, lightest weight batt I can (probably the junkiest batt Joanns carries LOL) and make a summer quilt. I figure I need 4 times the number of things made for the small quilt.

Elisabrat -- I call that controlled scrappy LOL

Roseirish, so glad you are here again.

Gingerpie, grab a bunch of scraps and dive into the pool!