Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Jenniky 02-23-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost (Post 5001289)
Well, I said that I was going to use this to expand my color horizons, but I guess I'm not, unless I try to do two! I'm going with my favorite red, black and white. What do you think?

If the photo comes up properly, the A fabric (buttons) is on the left, and the F fabric (red with stitching and needles) is on the right.

Leslie I love your fabric choices cant wait to see how this all comes together...is it March 5th yet... lol so much excitement.

SunlitenSmiles 02-23-2012 06:57 PM

second guessing my choices....going to have another look thru stash....one box (bottom) cannot really remember what is in it.....for all newbies it is better not to have boxes that are so big they get heavy when full....because when you get older it gets difficult to access stash

merlotplyr9 02-24-2012 06:00 AM

I'm going to look through my fabrics and see what I can come up with. This will be a first for me, but will hopefully get me motivated! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

40MPHK9 02-24-2012 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the fabrics I chose....what do you all think?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]315084[/ATTACH]
The third from the left (C) is a very light lavender print, and D is dark green....not sure if the colors are showing correctly. F is black with purple/lavender.

SunlitenSmiles 02-24-2012 08:08 AM

gorgeous and is the dark green Michael Miller 'Krystal' ? I have some of the black with purple flowers, luv it !!!!!

40MPHK9 02-24-2012 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5004085)
gorgeous and is the dark green Michael Miller 'Krystal' ? I have some of the black with purple flowers, luv it !!!!!

The selvage on the dark green just says "A VIP print".

paintmejudy 02-24-2012 08:52 AM

I'm wondering if perhaps there is too much contrast with the dark green and your pastel colors. Other than than, I like your fabrics and they look pretty together.

Jenniky 02-24-2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by 40MPHK9 (Post 5004026)
Here are the fabrics I chose....what do you all think?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]315084[/ATTACH]
The third from the left (C) is a very light lavender print, and D is dark green....not sure if the colors are showing correctly. F is black with purple/lavender.

Oh I like your choices that will make a pretty quilt for sure. [thumbsup] :)

abonda 02-24-2012 09:24 AM

I love the black and white monocromatic also with that punch........ I already cut my fabric and I figure if it is a mystery quilt then it's a mystery and whatever it is it is. I guess the fun for me is not figuring out where the colors should go, but what the heck it's gonna look like when it's done. lol If i don't like the way it came out the 1st time, I'll make it again.

sapdoggie 02-24-2012 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by abonda (Post 5004333)
I love the black and white monocromatic also with that punch........ I already cut my fabric and I figure if it is a mystery quilt then it's a mystery and whatever it is it is. I guess the fun for me is not figuring out where the colors should go, but what the heck it's gonna look like when it's done. lol If i don't like the way it came out the 1st time, I'll make it again.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Well stated abonda. I mat have to try this one too. Way too many choices of projects :D