Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 66 75 76 77 86 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake

•1 box yellow cake mix
    •1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
    •1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (fat free is ok)
    •1 – 8 oz. tub cool whip (lite is ok)
    • bag Heath Bits
    •Caramel Sundae Sauce

Instructions
    1.In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
    2.Pour batter into a greased 913 baking dish, and bake at 350, according to the directions on the cake mix box (approx 23-28 mins).
    3.Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.
    4.Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
    5.Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake.
    6.Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
    7.Remove cake from refrigerator and spread cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top. (I didn’t think the cake needed a lot of caramel at this point so I only used about of the jar. I thinned it out first by heating it in the microwave.)
    8.Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnig

This one I have not tried yet, reminds me of fall; hey, it is FALL. And September is flying by...at least to me. Love Apple Spice Cake, too. Plans of making hazel nut butterscotch oatmeal cookies. (PCers can relate to the Cowboy Cookies last Christmas) Dern scales weighted me too heavy today up another 10 poinds...in the wellness check. Lungs are better, Nurse thought the dizziness was due to not drinking enough water...and I am on water pills, too.

QNS, that sounds terrific!! I just printed it out. I love Heath Bits! Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome, CindyA. Enjoy. I can gain a couple of pounds just thinking about it. Found a Coconut Cake with six eggs that I am doing for this weekend...although I sold off 21 dozen yesterday, still have two or three dozen left. And a dozen duck eggs...from Khaki Campbell ducks. Guineas are not laying now; they lay in the spring and summer. Our Wal Mart had peaches and nectrines for fifty cents a pound; debated with self about freezing or canning some, but self declined that much work right now. If you measure with an inch worm, you might be able to say I am moving.....very slowly, at snail's pace.

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    QNS ... Thanks for the recipe I am going to try it will get the ingrediants that I am missing tomorrow. Love anything with pumkin
    ​Christine

Frustratedquilter, I need borrow part of your name 'cause I am frustrated right now with myself. Took dh in to get more teeth pulled, came home about ten or ten thirty, tried to finish the SYE block. On the last section of the block, have rippped out about ten times, getting the wrong piece on, getting it backwards, with wrong side out, getting it in the wrong place, and just trimmed a piece off as 'extra' beyond the one fourth seam...but it was the right sized piece to begin with....GRRRrrrrrrrrr. Time to stop. Relax. Try not to feel sooooooo dizzy. It has not put me down, but the 5 to 15 seconds of extreme dizziness is getting me down. Doctor's office responded by rotating morning with evening blood pressure pill, so will try that and hope for the best.

"Cause of my right knee I am moving slow...feel like its reliving those moments of "Mother, May I?" game, when the reply is "Yes, but baby steps!". If you measured with an inch worm, yes, I am moving. Time for this senior to take a nap...night all.

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    QuiltingNanaSue, boy what a day you have had. Maybe the rest of the day you just need totake it easy and regroup and start fresh tomorrow. I know I had to re do a whole section I had to reprint and start again all my white on white was backwards and some area were to short on the edges to provide a good 1/4" to sew on to the other section. It was late so tossed it and started over the mext morning.

You take care hopefully the dr got your meds adjusted and you will start to feel better. A nap sounds really good to me too
    ​Christine

Finished it; it brought me good luck, Frustratedquilter, to 'borrow' your name and it behaved so I could finished it now. Still have the one I cut out in blue...started. And may do a red one so the set of three could be a table runner. Will see what tomorrow brings, but if tomorrow turns out as today, I can put it off until tomorrow...its day has not come yet, then.

Blog Entries
    You're on a roll now QNS. Break a leg, I was going to say good luck, but I thought better of it.

Oh Dear NinaSue! please "Take Care"
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DD, I could just sit back and be in a wheel chair, but I'd rather not (not get the cataracters removed and let someone see for me)...so its full steam ahead, but its just not a big boiler full of steam!! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can boiler full of steam.

I have miles to go and quilts to make. Charge ahead!

Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 66 75 76 77 86 ... LastLast