Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Chester and Jaba: Both of your quilts are GORGEOUS!!!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Blog Entries
    Here is my mystery quilt. The second one is made from all of the little triangles we cut off. I couldn't bear to throw them away. It is a doll quilt to donate to Salvation Army for their toys for tots program. I have really enjoyed the ride, thanks Judy.
    Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Gosh, I'm still on #2 -- although I am trying to get the final center seam finished tonight...in fact it's in my lap all pinned and ready to sew, so I better go
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Here's my step 1 and 2. It took me days to cut a square from each of Grandma's fabrics. I should finish the last step tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

first of two things: Judy when she gets back deserves a standing ovation. A simple pile of scraps we all wanted to use and well one day and one day and suddenly in just three short weeks we have ALL these amazing works of art. So mucho kuddos to Judy.

Second: Stand up all of you. You took those dreaded pile of one days and turned them into real beauties. All different scraps some organized some random pics some regular stars some mixed colors (now that requires planning to get all those points perfectly matched with the right tops and bottoms). The end result is amazing. I think everyone stand up. look left and right and clap like there is no tomorrow for yourself and for your friends. This is what quilting together, even apart.. is all about. I love this forum even if I hated my quilt top. I will however use the lesson here on other quilts and I think that is a lovely gift. and the price? surely that was beyond right.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Oh yes, I LOVE the red stars Chester! Jaba, yours looks so similar to mine, except mine isn't finished! I'm going with 4 squares wide and 5 long as well. It looks like your stars are a mottled dark brown, mine are black, but so similar. I love it!

Blog Entries
    Elizabrat, You are are so right on both points. Thanks, and double thanks to Judy.
    All the scrappys are so great. I love yours, Pam. Meanmom, a sixteen-patch! Now that's scrappy.

Blog Entries
    meanmom, Your 16 patches give the quilt a WOW factor. Sheri, cutting squares from yardage does take time, but your results were worth it. I like both quilts.

Elisa, you're right, Judy does deserve a standing ovation.

Blog Entries
    Did anyone make up the sizes for a 5 inch block yet? If so, point me that way, thanks!!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Judy posted this after she gave the last directions.

Someone asked about different sizes of blocks. Sulabug used her 4" blocks -- she cut the squares for the flying geese at 2-1/4" square and the rectangle connecting sections at 4" x 11". Those who want to use 5" blocks, the geese squares would be 2-3/4" square and the rectangles 5" x 14"

Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast