Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    I'd be done if I had a personal presser. Every time I need more pieces they are on the ironing board. I haven't used much stash either, but I've sure made a mess trying to find the scraps I want.
    LOL....That's what my Dad is good for He actually likes doing it.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Wow, I'm really impressed with all the progress made. The quilts look absolutely fantastic, kudos and a round of applause to all! So, now I am off to see if I can come up with something to stymie you for the the next mystery. See you the end of February. PM me if any questions, I may not be coming back to this thread for a while.
    Piecing, then quilting, with the North Wind blowing,
    The days go by quickly when I am sewing.

Blog Entries
    I am still cutting. Needed more 4 1/2 inch blocks since I decided to go with the large. We were supposed to have a UFO today, but the ice cancelled it and kept me home where cutting space is at a premium. I will have to see if I can get into town early next week to do some cutting. I really want to finish this in the next couple of weeks.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Took mine to the quilter today. Will be 12 weeks before I see it again. HaHa, will be done piecing the next mystery train ride by then, I guess

Blog Entries
    Love the fuschia backing. I like to make my backs fancy like that. I try to use up some of the scraps from the front in my back. I was going to layer mine last night but I seem to be having math problems. My back is a few inches short so I will need to add another strip to it. I have been trying to work on my feathers FMQ so I think I will do round feathers in the 9 patches. Yes once a quilt is washed it puckers up and hides a lot of FMQ mistakes. I also have found that FMQ with a varigated thread hide mistakes too.
    I am looking forward to the next mystery train ride. My stash is out of control and needs to be used up. Evie you are right we always think of ourselves last. I have been quilting for 8? years or so and have never made a quilt for myself. The quilt in my avatar is finally mine. I am waiting for it to come back from the longarmer. Them I will nap under my own quilt for once. Everyone in my family has a quilt, now I do too. If we don't take and make time for ourselves no one seems to notice.

I finished the top! She's all ready to quilt, I even have the binding ready, which is scrappy. I purchased a jelly roll of the fabric to finish this; I just didn't have anything for the border in my stash. I love the way it turned out. I will use lavender for the back (the picture with backing/binding is more true to the colors). Gosh I love these train rides! It is so fun to see everyone's fabric choices, each quilt is so unique. See you on the next train.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

Well, with the rain most of the day and too muddy to work in the yard I was able to get my top together. I did scrappy from cool colors and did throw them all in a bag and just sewed what came out. First time for that. Not sure when I will get to quilting it. But it was lots of fun. Thanks so much Judy. I will be making some of the smaller ones for cuddle quilts to donate. Still need to work on those flying geese. Only a couple of points cut off but most are too short the other direction. Not sure what you call the point not being up to the seam.

Should get a back for it before I put it away.

See ya all on the next one I hope.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Here is my second top. I wasn't too sure about hunter orange and camouflage, but the combination has grown on me. Now I need to take a break from this ride and go finish train ride #3.

Name:  Cherity B.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  62.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Sorry! I messed upand got my completed quilt posted in the pictures department. There are 2different entries Look for those listed by francie yuhas. This is my first attemp at posting; thank goodness my quilting is better!

I havent been back in a while but wanted to say I am so impressed with all these quilts. Some are striking some are soft and girly some are real 'old fashioned' looking your right like what was in grandma's closet. I love that title. I have never named my quilts I guess its a common thing to do? a new concept for me like when I hear people are naming their machines. I will have to think on this I am excited to see what our dear pal Judy whips up for us. I think she is lounging around some pool somewhere and a pool boy is bringing her exotic drinks and misting here with a little spray bottle while she reads an elm street novel with her big flowered hat. Yup that is what she is doing I am positive.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast