Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 AM
meanmom

Love the fuschia backing. I like to make my backs fancy like that. I try to use up some of the scraps from the front in my back. I was going to layer mine last night but I seem to be having math problems. My back is a few inches short so I will need to add another strip to it. I have been trying to work on my feathers FMQ so I think I will do round feathers in the 9 patches. Yes once a quilt is washed it puckers up and hides a lot of FMQ mistakes. I also have found that FMQ with a varigated thread hide mistakes too.
I am looking forward to the next mystery train ride. My stash is out of control and needs to be used up. Evie you are right we always think of ourselves last. I have been quilting for 8? years or so and have never made a quilt for myself. The quilt in my avatar is finally mine. I am waiting for it to come back from the longarmer. Them I will nap under my own quilt for once. Everyone in my family has a quilt, now I do too. If we don't take and make time for ourselves no one seems to notice.