Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Blog Entries
    Do I hear a whistle yet? Maybe it'll come if I leave to get some coffee with a thimbleful of Baileys in it?
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

head on over to the home page, scroll down to the BOM and week thread. Judy has spoken

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Ok, train riders, here we go, getting ready to board the train and start our new trip. Click on this link, and like Dorothy clicking her heels together, we will be there in an instant.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Quote Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
    I finally put an extra border on mine and finished the top today. I had dark brown sashing with cream stars and decided to add a 5 inch brown border. I really like this one and wish I could post a picture, but no camera.
    Thank goodness for kids who are better at computers than me. I'm finally trying to post my version of this quilt. The stars are an old Thimbleberries print with more of a cream/gold cast than what shows in the pics. I'm definitely going to make more of these!! Thank you Judy!
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  102.4 KB
    Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 470
Size:  209.8 KB
    Laura

Laura - I really like how yours turned out! I did a solid border also, just not the same as my sashing, and then added piano key border around that. Haven't decided if I'm going to do another continuous border or not. If I can find a suitable print I might.

Looks great Laura.
    Deb

Thanks Mom-6 and Deb. I've always been a beige/cream background kind of girl and am trying now to use more color for backgrounds. I think I'm going to use red for the sashing and white or gold stars in the next one. I have a nice red piece I bought in Colorado at Harriet Hargrave's store 12 YEARS ago!! I remember the time frame because it was when DS#1 had just gotten his learner's permit and wanted to practice driving in the mountains! Yikes, what a trip!

Wow, hadn't thought about all that until I typed red fabric, lol. Maybe it's time for bed. :-)
    Laura

Blog Entries
    Nice, Laura. Glad the scrappies are still coming.

Blog Entries
    Augh! I didn't do this Stash Buster Mystery, but love the look of it. Could anyone be kind enough to list the post #s of the clues? Sure hope so...wow...it's a lot of pages to go through! Thanks! :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

It only took a couple of months (and the arrival of Spring Break), but here's my top.

Now I'll have to go check out the other thread!

Loved seeing all the pictures of finished tops! Thank for sharing, everyone!

--Q

Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast