Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 143 of 159 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Sheri...I love how you've framed each of the borders with that thin dark line. Very classy.

Blog Entries
    wow ladies nice work and creative. love them all. mine is still in process.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Sheri - great job. Love the colors. Is the thin framing line a black or navy? It really adds. Getting ideas for my Christmas square.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

I loved looking at what everyone has done on this train ride. I have never done a mystery quilt and I would like to join on the next one. I will be looking for it on May 9th. I just joined the board in DEC, so still working my way around and trying different things out.

Barb
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Y'all are so sweet. Thanks for all the nice compliments. I was so nervous to post my version of Judy's mystery. The thin line is my red fabric. I cut 1" strips, folded them in half and just sewed them around the blocks I wanted to highlight. I was trying to put a separation between the blocks I felt blended together to much but still have my focal fabric be the focus? See how much I wish the colors were more true in my picture. They are red, yellow, coral, green, and purple. I had blue where the coral is but ripped it all apart last Saturday, took out the blue, and put in coral. I like it much better now. And I'm using the blue on my backing. I'll post a pic of that when I finish because I think I'm doing something fun and new to me(which this all is).
    Last edited by SheriR; 04-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Paintmejudy: I have so enjoyed this trip. First time I have ever done something like this. I haven't finished the flying geese yet, just can't seem to get time to do all I want, but I will get it done and post when I do. I liked this mystery quilt so much that I took it to my quilting group as a challenge. It is driving them crazy not to know what the outcome will be. Is it okay if I print off some of the finished projects to show them in the end what they can do with this block or is that against some rules. Thanks again for letting me join. You did a really good job with this, can't wait for the next one.

Blog Entries

Oh, my

I Thought the content of this thread was for Quilting Board participants only
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 04-27-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

Oh, my

Okay, I have done wrong then, I didn't know, seriously sorry. I have learned a lot from quilting board, didn't realize we couldn't share information outside. I will stay within. Sorry if I offended people.

Blog Entries
    I honestly can't see the harm in sharing with others!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

Oh, my

I am not quite understanding this - are you saying when we learn a new technique from this board that we are not allowed to share it with others? I understand if the authors of written tutes do not want them copied and shared, but new techniques or new blocks also?
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Page 143 of 159 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 ... LastLast