Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 82 of 159 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    great yellow star and the little multicolor stars..........whole galexie(sp.....sigh...need spell check this time of night) of stars.

Blog Entries
    Awesome square Juropat, I agree the yellow shines and I love your color combinations. I love the idea of decorating the club car for Judy's return.. I will be glad to help.. I have some beautiful spring jelly rolls I can contribute Roses and bright greens or did you want to go brighter Sunlitsmiles with lots of yellows ? . Everose its spring everything multiplies in spring even UFO's . LOL
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Your nice bright star makes me think of the poem "Star light, star bright, first star...' You know the rest. You have a great star there to wish upon! BTW, I was raised in Warren and go back and visit each summer.

Everose, kids love to pick berries. You might want to recruit some. I have some golden raspberries but most get eaten before they ever make it to the house. We love raspberry jam around here. Wish you could send me your extra! Oh, and raspberry sauce/frosting on top of lemon cake.....divine!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

h yes, jelly rolls would be perfect for this mystery, and we could have layer cakes too.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Has anyone found foolproof directions for posting photos? I have tried,really!!
    Dotty in NYC

Dotty, I am sure resizing is your problem. If you try to upload, and it says the uload failed, you need to resize. The old board took any photos, but not this one. I've found that closeups of small blocks work as is, but big pictures, like you take a pix of a quilt, it gets too big. Go to the edit function, put in a horizontal of 640 pixels, change and save the changes, and you will be good to go. PM me if you want.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-22-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Blog Entries
    Dotty: I am having success with Picasa from Google. First, you download the free program to your computer. Then, you open Picasa, find your photos files, and 'export' the photos you want to post, resizing the photos in the export process. Then, when you're in QB, you browse to your Picasa folder, then your Export folder, then click on the photo you want to show in your post, 'Open' it, upload it, wait for the name of the photo to show up, then 'close this window'.

I am not a nerd, so I had to work to figure this out! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Dotty, I have seen google's picassa referred to well before. I've not used it, so can't say how easy it is. I use paint.net. It is also a free download and is for all kinds of photo adjustments. I find it very easy to use to resize photos. I made a photo tutorial for a QB friend about posting pictures, which I could send in an email to you, but it refers to paint.net steps and wouldn't help if you want to use another program. PM me if you want me to send you the tute.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Wink

Thanks coopah! Nice to know someone came from my area on qb. Happy quilting
    Last edited by juropat; 03-22-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Page 82 of 159 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 132 ... LastLast