Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2024 UFO Adventure Challenge >

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

Old 05-10-2024, 07:00 PM

I finally finished my March goal in April!

it hasn’t been washed yet. Although some of the squares have gone a bit off-square, I’m actually quite happy with it! It has a variety of fabrics: borders are 100% cotton sheets in a sateen feel, red squares are corduroy, the plaid is some kind of poly/poly-blend, dark grey squares are an unidentified thick fabric (like a home decor thickness) and light grey is linen blend. Not gonna lie, I find the front very fun to pet, lots of textures.

Old 05-10-2024, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingPandaBear View Post
I finally finished my March goal in April!

it hasn’t been washed yet. Although some of the squares have gone a bit off-square, I’m actually quite happy with it! It has a variety of fabrics: borders are 100% cotton sheets in a sateen feel, red squares are corduroy, the plaid is some kind of poly/poly-blend, dark grey squares are an unidentified thick fabric (like a home decor thickness) and light grey is linen blend. Not gonna lie, I find the front very fun to pet, lots of textures.

At least you finished a project. I have been working on quilting my Bonnie Hunter 2014 Mystery Quilt Grand Illusion. I only have the binding to finish it up.

I am just astonished how much I have learned since 2014. Back then, I never measured each block as I finished them. I just sewed them together. When I look at this quilt, I feel blessed that NOW my quilts all go together perfectly! Thank you Bonnie Hunter!

I am real good as completing all quilts I start - however I quilt them all myself on my Brother 1500! I have 14 items that still need quilting! Hopefully I can get some more finished soon!

Old 05-10-2024, 08:44 PM

I love it quilting panda bear.
Old 05-11-2024, 03:49 AM

I started the task of a DEEP dive in my sewing room when I had no power and could not sew this week. Found a basket of UFOs that needed attention. So, I pulled it out so I could access it easily and piled on some WIPs that are on the verge of becoming UFOs and left the basket in plain sight. The basket is a mound, no total count taken, just a pile. Some have backs and batting cut, others are 10+ years in the making.

Now to put other things back in order and make a run to Goodwill with what will no longer "decorate" my sewing room with unwanted decor. ( I know that is another thread but it landed here too.)
Old 05-13-2024, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I started the task of a DEEP dive in my sewing room when I had no power and could not sew this week. Found a basket of UFOs that needed attention. So, I pulled it out so I could access it easily and piled on some WIPs that are on the verge of becoming UFOs and left the basket in plain sight. The basket is a mound, no total count taken, just a pile. Some have backs and batting cut, others are 10+ years in the making.

Now to put other things back in order and make a run to Goodwill with what will no longer "decorate" my sewing room with unwanted decor. ( I know that is another thread but it landed here too.)
in order to know where to go...you need to know where you are.
Good job 👏

(I went.looking for a particular UFO of mine last week and I can't find it... Maybe I need a similar deep dive?)