Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2024 UFO Adventure Challenge >

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

Old 03-14-2024, 02:56 AM

Thanks for the block photo and response to my question, Sync. WOW, the individual blocks are so very scrappy. When they are in the full quilt the scrappiness seems to just all blend so nicely to create a "whole". Still under consideration for a summer plunge into my scraps. Like others in this group, I have a collection of WIPs and UFOs that need my attention before starting something new. I am trying to be strong and not hop down the Jewel Box rabbit trail. But it is so lovely!!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-14-2024 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-19-2024, 06:00 AM

I stumbled on this YouTube video and thought of us and our UFOs. Her ideas are easy, practical, no guilt, and no heavy organization directions and yes, likely things we know but choose to forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDI7OPgYHTo

I also watched her video on how to layer a quilt top on a dinning room table or kitchen peninsula. I have lost access to my favorite location to layer my quilts and I am ready to give her method a try, but with spray baste rather than pins. Take a peek and see if her ideas can help with your UFO's,

Happy quilting everyone,

Old 03-28-2024, 09:36 AM

Good morning everyone. I’m enjoying seeing everyone’s finished ufo’s. I have not complete any ufo this month. I have 3 that are within a few steps away from completion. My friend keeps giving me baby/small tops to quilt. So my projects gets put to the side. I just completed quilting 11 tops for her. She gave me 8 more tops today to quilt. So I decided to only quilt 1 top at max a day. Then I will have time to work on my things. I think that is a good plan. Plus I plan to only sew until midnight. Then I’m not extremely tired the next day.

Anyway, I plan to machine sew on binding tomorrow on king size quilt (ufo). I also found my box containing all the parts for the next ufo I plan to work on in April. It’s called the Double Irish Star pattern from “Debbie quilting the past”. I started this 3 years ago or more, during her free QAL’. This year she did another QAL for this pattern and I misplaced the box, so couldn’t join in. I’m still working on the twin size traffic jam QAL with Pat Sloan a few years back. I now have someone I want to give the top to. The blocks are very easy to put together. I need to enlarge a throw top to a twin size top. I decided to just enlarge the top and backing with added borders. Another ufo from several years ago. So starting tomorrow I will alternate between those projects.

happy sewing/quilting everyone.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:37 AM

I did a Traffic Jam a number of years ago. Wonder who I gave it to? Possibly Project Linus. I forgot all about that 2.5 stash buster. Thanks for mentioning it. Off I go to post the link for Traffic Jam to the 2.5 Birthday Swap group.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:54 AM

Happylab - I absolutely endorse you setting limits on other people using your time.

Me - I fell in love with the Sew Yeah giant windmill pattern (free in their website) and I picked up some. Fabric a few years ago (gulp) from the project Linus table. I hated the pattern, loved the fabric and set it aside to find the "right" pattern. This is it. So I've been cutting and am getting ready to chain stitch about 84 HSTs (I hacked the pattern). I should end up with 2 quilt tops when finished.

Also working on a whole cloth\ fleece backed on the longarm and I have another client quilt for the longarm when done.

I wish anyone who celebrates a wonderful Easter. A beautiful spring day to you and yours if you don't.

​​​​​​#95 reported as spam
Old 03-31-2024, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Marinaole View Post
deleted post in quote and spam reported had been #95

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
...​​​​​​#95 reported as spam
Rff1010, when the spam gets deleted, your post will be #95.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Marinazck View Post
SPAM reported Marina . . . with various suffixes listed on stopforumspam.com
Old 03-31-2024, 10:10 PM

Default another 3D finished

I hope this one sends
Attached Thumbnails 3d-quilt.jpg  
Old 04-02-2024, 04:26 AM

There’s 3 less UFO’s here. Went to charity club. They’re thrilled and so am I.

As my physical and brain abilities decline, excess stuff must go.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:09 PM

No UFO finishes for March but I'm making some progress. I'll keep on working my B.O.M. from Stitchn' Heaven. Still working on Month 7 with 2 more months to work on ( 8 & 9 ) before being able to put things together with month 10. It's going to take a while.