Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2024 UFO Adventure Challenge >

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

2024 UFO Adventure Challenge

Old 02-28-2024, 06:34 PM

m-fay, congrats on the finish.

I'm back from visiting my DD and DGS. Visiting her is really more like a vacation since they live in Hawai'i. I did bring some EPP with me so I was able to work on my "forever" hexie project. Now that I'm home I'll pick out another UFO to get finished for Feb/ Mar. The Jewel Box Star is now ready to send out for quilting.
Attached Thumbnails img_1097.jpeg  
Old 03-02-2024, 07:02 AM

m-fay Your wall hanging and table runner are lovely!

Sync Were those all scraps from your stash that you used? I really like it! I'm so glad you got to visit family. Such a treasure. And I bet Hawaii was great! I got to go once, my grandparents took my sister and I to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. It was such a special time. Both my hubby and then about 20 years later my son were stationed in Hawaii.

I'm hoping to get some more work done on my P&P quilt today. I'm thinking this may be "A Year With Jane Austen" as I have 4 UFO's that are Jane Austen themed.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:38 PM

I finally got to work on a UFO that has been hanging out since last May (I know some of you have older - as do I!)
at that time, I went to a quilt show and they had a sales area to the side. Someone was selling the blades of a Lonestar for $20. 10x10 looked perfectly pieced. And I snatched it up thinking "ooh, queen quilt for almost no work" just needs the setting triangles. I finally had to bend and buy fabric because nothing in the stash worked. I visited my favorite LQS on a slow day and they helped me.pick something out. Ruby Star - you are so beautiful, and so pricey. Anyway, I have exactly half the work done at this point. Looking good, but I didn't buy enough. Back to the store tomorrow
Old 03-02-2024, 07:28 PM

anchoredhope - yup, all the scraps used came from my stash. Some of that fabric is from early 2000's and some even older. Had a great time in Hawai'i. Our youngest daughter and grandson live there, so we visit there at least once a year.

My Jewel Box Star is now on its way to my quilter and I picked out another UFO to work on for March. It's a B.O.M that was started in Dec., 2022 and I only made 4 of the 13 monthly blocks. I'll start to post pictures as I get more blocks done.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:44 AM

No UFOs from me this month. I have been scrambling to finish WIPS and several others that have deadlines. Maybe in a UFO in March.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:58 AM

I finally have another finish, I'm calling it Shades of Gray. Please excuse the rumple in the quilt. I should have trimmed the grapes before I hung the quilt. This is the Island Breeze quilt pattern, by Brenda Plaster of Spool & Bobbin Quilting. I wanted a monotone quilt and this one seemed to call to me, I want to be in shades of grays please. I love the way Brenda quilted for me, the curves soften the whole look of the quilt.

Now I need to get back to some of my WIP's and UFO's now. Looking forward to this weekends VQW need to pick and prep a project to work on.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0619c.jpg   gray-quiltcc.jpg  
Old 03-12-2024, 06:46 PM

@Dedemac I really like your quilt. Congratulations.

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
I finally have another finish, I'm calling it Shades of Gray. Please excuse the rumple in the quilt. I should have trimmed the grapes before I hung the quilt. This is the Island Breeze quilt pattern, by Brenda Plaster of Spool & Bobbin Quilting. I wanted a monotone quilt and this one seemed to call to me, I want to be in shades of grays please. I love the way Brenda quilted for me, the curves soften the whole look of the quilt.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:56 PM

Dedemac, congrats on your finish. I'm waiting for my Jewel Box Star to come back from my quilter. I saw a picture of it on his Instagram and it looks fantastic.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:56 AM

Sync, Love your quilt. What size are your Jewel Box Star blocks? They look so much smaller than the illustrations on the Bonny Hunter directions. She said, "I am making my blocks with 3’’ finished half-square triangles, and four-patches made from 2’’ squares from my 2’’ squares box for a Jewel Box Star block that finishes at 12’’. Are yours the same size? I really like this pattern and have gazed at it for years but never have given it a try. Like I need to start another project, but...maybe this summer.
Old 03-13-2024, 04:33 PM

WMUTeach, I followed Bonnie directions. My blocks finish at 12". Her quilt measures at 72 X 96 and my quilt is around 85 x 97.
Here's a picture of some of the individual blocks
Attached Thumbnails img_0205.jpeg