Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
With the 4th quickly approaching... >

With the 4th quickly approaching...

With the 4th quickly approaching...

Old 06-29-2010, 06:26 PM

I got this in my email today...I edited out comments that might be considered too political...hope that I did it right, it's not my intention to insult anyone's political views, I just think this is a touching story and video. *end "Charlee note"*

3000 vets on motorcycles from across the USA paraded in D.C. the Sunday before Memorial Day, while a solitary, saluting Marine greeted them out on Constitution Avenue... the Marine stood at salute for 3 straight hours, while the parade of roaring bikes kept on coming.... it is held in remembrance of those who've fallen in the military.... the event
(or the group) is called Rolling Thunder... Past Presidents used to meet these bikers before they paraded... the camera is on the Marine a lot... watch his struggles with his emotions, and his struggles with holding that salute... the way he salutes is very touching... his head lowered, his eyes down, in reverence for the fallen... I am a former Marine sergeant, and I know what he was feeling... and as I watched him, I could feel it too.... it got to be overwhelming for him... and the tears started flowing... watch what he says when he finally breaks, but keeps right on holding that salute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfnm...eature=related

*another "Charlee Note"* Here's the followup where SSgt Chambers explains why he does what he does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62br6...eature=related
Old 06-29-2010, 06:33 PM

Why do we have to be so "political correct"? We live in a free nation, we can have our views without being wrong or hurting someone's feelings. I believe in the United States of America and what our country stands for. If someone does not like the USA than they are free to leave.
Thanks for sharing the you 'tube site'.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 PM

Oooohrahh !!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Staff Sargent. You did us proud.

And thank you Charlee......Semper Fi
Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 PM

There are quite a few video to watch on here along with the Marine. I would have love to had been there for this.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM

Oh man I would have loved to be there for this
Old 06-29-2010, 06:48 PM

That was great. Thank you Charlee and Staff Sargeant. My dad was Army retired and served in Vietnam, end of WWII, and Iran. This touched my heart.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:58 PM

Thank You
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM

thank you for posting this.

now I need kleenex.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 PM

Growing up as a Navy brat. And later being a Navy wife. I have often felt that our service men and women never got the respect they deserve.
I make quilts for our Wounded and Fallen soldiers . I send care packages to Iraq so that they will have something from home. At Christmas time.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 PM

My dad God rest his soul was a Marine. I was and still am so proud of him. He served in WWII as a Sargeant and then a sharpe shooter, scout. I can't thank All the vetrans and people who have served our country enough for their brave sacrific too me someone they don't even know. God bless all the service men and women. I pray that on this 4th of July everyone would take a moment of silence to thank them. I pray that all our servce men and women come home soon. I pray for their saftey. thanks