Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 606 Basting Spray

  1. #1
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Has anyone used the 606 Basting Spray? If so did you like it?
    I've used the 505 and like it. I seen the 606 advertized so before buying it I thought I'd see if anyone had any in put. Thanks

  2. #2
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    1,ooo miles from home
    Posts
    13,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    505 is for basting but 606 i think is permanent. read carefully.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    487
    Isn't 606 the spray to make the fabric you spray it on fusible? I didn't think it was for basting quilts, but I have used it on appliqué pieces. I didn't like it as well as Wonder Under and Steam a Seam though.

  4. #4
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,108
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    505 is for basting but 606 i think is permanent. read carefully.
    This was my take on it also :D:D:D

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    587
    It is new to me.

  6. #6
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    505 is for basting but 606 i think is permanent. read carefully.
    This was my take on it also :D:D:D
    Yeah I think your right. I guess I called it basting spray but it would be more permanent fuseable. I guess I'll just buy it and see if I like it. It must be pretty new. Thanks

  7. #7
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,601
    Blog Entries
    7
    606 Fusible Spray-on Adhesive

    606 Spray Fusible Web is a spray on fusible web that turns any fabric or stabilizer into a fusible product. To create your own fusible fabric or stabilizer, just spray, allow to dry 2 - 3 minutes and then fuse with an iron on medium heat. For fabric, paper, the possiblities are endless! 6.5 oz can

  8. #8
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    606 Fusible Spray-on Adhesive

    606 Spray Fusible Web is a spray on fusible web that turns any fabric or stabilizer into a fusible product. To create your own fusible fabric or stabilizer, just spray, allow to dry 2 - 3 minutes and then fuse with an iron on medium heat. For fabric, paper, the possiblities are endless! 6.5 oz can
    Thanks for the explenation on the 606. I think I'll buy it and try it. Sounds like a good spray to have. I do alot of applique so I wonder if it would gum up on the needle. Or maybe its more of a no sew type fusible. I'll have to read the label more when I find it. Thanks again.

  9. #9
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    4
    I have used it yesterday, so far like it...I still need to FMQ it and wash...can't wait to see how well it works. Fingers crossed since my quilt it a Christmas gift.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.