Advice needed

Old 02-16-2017, 07:33 AM

One of the most interesting things I've read as an adult is a little piece that my great aunt wrote about the family moving from Kansas to Oregon when she was a girl. (My grandmother was her older sister.) She even put some photographs in the little narrative, and someone in the family had it copied for us all. It was so cool to see and read this piece.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 AM

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to discourage you. This is an important obligation but I think this kid would have to be much older to appreciate it or even younger, hormones and teens is not a good combo.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Power Poster

so maybe wait thill the kid is 25 or so. I had my son ask my mom on grandparents day what she did before there was comp in the house or a phone. he was amazed about the things she told him and i wrote it down an put it in the scrapbook. I like the idea of things cost, expressions or sayings and things like that. what the weather was the day he was born. Especially with our weird weather now. Just say you are a quilter and what the worth of them are to you and his grandma. have fun with it.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:39 PM

Had not heard of this until now but think it's a neat idea. Some young people would like the idea and some wouldn't, as in all things in life. I saved the daily newspaper for the birthday of each of my kids, and also the one with the first man walking on the moon. They may appreciate them some day, lol. I plan to put on a cd what I remember how things were, growing up in the 40's and 50's, along with some things my mom related to me about her childhood and life during WWII. And I'd best get at it while I still can remember a few things, lol.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by heronlady View Post
Had not heard of this until now but think it's a neat idea. Some young people would like the idea and some wouldn't, as in all things in life. I saved the daily newspaper for the birthday of each of my kids, and also the one with the first man walking on the moon. They may appreciate them some day, lol. I plan to put on a cd what I remember how things were, growing up in the 40's and 50's, along with some things my mom related to me about her childhood and life during WWII. And I'd best get at it while I still can remember a few things, lol.
Please do it right now! I bought both my Parents a book one was the legacy from a Mother and the other A legacy from father my mom expected to outlive my dad so she kept after him to write in his his has lots of interesting thing Mom died unexpectedly and only had 2 or 3 pages written in hers. I was so sad to find it empty.