Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: After the Binghamton Floods

Yes, I know the local stations are still covering it, but it seems the rest of the world has just forgotten it's still going on. Such a sad state of affairs....

It's always like that with flooding. It occurs somewhere in the country pretty often but as soon as the water recedes, the news stories end and victims are left to clean up by themselves.

Pics and video from friends and family throughout the Hudson Valley and upstate NY- devastating. My heart goes out to all of them, including your daughter. They will be a long time recovering. Many prayers to you and yours. The slap in the face is that most are not actually in a flood zone, so their insurance will not cover most of their damages. So sad.

So true - my daughter's landlord does, luckily, have flood insurance for his own home - a good thing. He had 4 feet of water in his main living area!!
    Thank you for your prayers - my daughter's life is back to normal once again. But so many others are still displaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2