Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: After christmas sales anyone?

I went to Hancock's today, they had Christmas fabric on sale. Got 29 yards for 71.00 + tax. it was 70% off!!!!

Blog Entries
    I din't hit the after CHristmas sales yesterday but am heading out today. We got 5 inches of snow and ice yesterday and the roads were terrible. They are good today. Heading to Hancocks first to spend my gift card then JoAnns then the LQS. Then I need a few practical things like groceries. Everyone else is at work so nice and quiet here today.

Blog Entries
    I went to Wal-mart. what i got wasn't on sale but i looked last year and didn't buy it. so many here said great things about the BHG 18 inch wide ironing board- i finally got one!!! it adjusts up to 40 inches high too!!! love that since i'm a bit tall. I used my gift card from my Sister so it didn't cost me anything. love it!!!!

I can't think of anything I need enough to go fight a mob! In previous years, the after Christmas crowds were worse than the before Christmas crowds. I'll just stay inside and work in my sewing room.

We have 8 grandchildren and we give them one gift and the rest is money. They can decided what they really want. After Christmas sales make the money stretch. They range from 3 months to 9 years and there is just too much stuff. I will look at clearance in a few days. Don't need anything, need to clean out. My kids sure have used a lot of my stuff and glad they are excited with it as I used to be.

Hubby out of town. I am staying home and sewing free from distractions!!

Going to the stores here is no more exicting after Christmas than it is before Christmas....life in a small town. On line, yep I do indulge a bit in that.

We received about 8 inches of snow overnight. Gee, since travel was a little difficult, and we were 'snowbound', I felt completely guilt free about sewing all day long. Well, after I made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. Granddaughter received a horse to go with her AG doll, and it had a saddle blanket.....but she said that the pony was still cold. So.....traced the blanket to make a pattern and then made two - one had a beige fleece backing with a pink floral top, the other a yellow fleece with yellow floral. Made GD a flannel nightie, with a matching one for the doll. Plus three pants and tops, a dress, jumper.....have a 'sleeping bag' cut out, and plans for a coat and the blouse for the jumper. Did I mention that I love to be snow bound?

I usually avoid going but I needed to run some errands before the storm hit. It was mid afternoon by the time I arrived at Walmart. There were only 3 people ahead of me in line for returns. Picked up a couple of large rolls of wrapping paper at half off. I picked up some groceries, mostly vegetables. All in all things went much better than I thought it would.

I did but not for fabric. My wardrobe is in sorry shape after I had abdominal surgery 6 weeks ago. Nothing fits around the waist, and zippered pants are too painful right now! So so yoga pants and a cardigan is all what would fit my "Andy Capp" figure!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast