Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going shopping for after Christmas sales for 2012?

Anyone going shopping for after Christmas sales for 2012?

I am going to go tomorrow and buy a few Christmas presents for 2012. I figure I can get some really great savings and give some nice gift for less. I hope to get a few things just to help out next's yrs budget.

If I did that - I would probably either misplace them or forget that I had them - great time for shopping though - I am looking for any sales on fabric - particularly moda pre-cuts - I just love that fabric

I have done this in years past. Great way to save $$, and stock up too. Just gotta remember where you put them!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    If I did that - I would probably either misplace them or forget that I had them - great time for shopping though - I am looking for any sales on fabric - particularly moda pre-cuts - I just love that fabric
    I am pretty organized when it comes to this. I have a running list already of my next year's Christmas gift ideas and storage. Time will tell how well I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    Did that this year. Found Nutcrackers I had bought after Christmas for future giving. Luckily my grand daughter doesn't care they are plainly marked 2009. Have fun.

Blog Entries
    I am looking for Jelly Rolls as we speak Want to do the Planet patchwork New Years Day Mystery and it calls for a jelly roll- yes I have the fabric but.... thought if I could find a cheap one.... LOL
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I don't get anywhere near a department store or mall from October until about mid-January. I don't need anything that bad! Tooo many crazy people out there!!

I know exactly what I want and will buzz in and get it and out! Won't waste time browsing! I am focused that way!

I always start my Christmas shopping the day after Christmas.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I'm hoping to
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    I won't go to any major dept stores, NO WAY!! I may go to some smaller stores nearby and probably Hancock Fabrics. Dollar Stores are great places to buy wrapping paper, bags, etc. But then I have to store them and remember where I put them. I may order things on line if there are great bargains. I did most of my Christmas shopping on line.

For those who are braving the "after Christmas crowd" GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE!!

Blog Entries
    Love your answer.And I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post

I don't get anywhere near a department store or mall from October until about mid-January. I don't need anything that bad! Tooo many crazy people out there!!
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    YES!! I always get money for Christmas (I have more money after the holidays than I do before the holidays!!) and I usually buy those "After Christmas bargains" with it! My mom's birthday is Jan. 4th, and I've never paid fullprice for her birthday present!

I also held out for years, waiting for the perfect Christmas tree. Last year, I finally got one at 90% off!! It's the most beautiful tree I've ever seen and now it's in MY house! I just had to wait almost a year before I could put it up! (Just kidding, it's been up all this time! Just not decorated!)
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Amen! I plan on sewing all day! I don't need to buy presents and I don't need to shop aimlessly either! It is fun to be out and about but it takes me 45 minutes to get to the closest mall so no, I am staying off the roads and enjoying a "me" day!

PS: I did enough buying ME presents this last couple of months..a new serger, a cover stitch, Aurafil threades sets, etc. I am set!
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries

So agree!!!

Thinking about it!
    Lynn

I keep remembering that my birthday month gets me better discounts from the two quilt stores I love. So I stay away during the after Xmas sales. Although this year I have my eye on a Christmas tree on steep discount and maybe a Halloween tree.

I'm going to Jo-Ann's hopefully to get the tall Ott lite for 79.99, save 100.00 ! I got Christmas $$$$ to spend!

I hate to go shopping when there are so many people there doing their shopping for next year or to add to their stuff. I just wish Gas was on sale so I'd probably do a little more running to the fabric and other stores. Live out of town and hate to put 30 or 40 miles to my regular runs. But my sister gets some great stuff...I'm up early enough but hat the crowd.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    NO, NO, and NO there is not a chance that I would go to the stores now until after the Christmas clutter is gone and the new spring things start to come out !!

Every year on the day after Christmas I go out for about an hour or so...I buy Waterford ornaments for my whole family so...the day after Christmas, I am DONE for the next year! I have not participated in the holiday nuts time for about twenty years...and I like it that way! (Plus that, the ornaments are 50% off too!)
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

My wife and I are planning a "post-Christmas shop-hop" to the LQSs on Wednesday. We both have projects we're buying for.

Tate
    King of the Rocketeers!

I'm with you! I send my 8 grandkids Amazon gift cards and stay out of the crowds!

I'm bad for remembering where I leave my keys to my car...I'm sure I'd never find a present 12 months later...lol. I usually avoid the stores at all costs.

Blog Entries
    I ended up spending half the day with my family (unexpected) and the rest of it shopping for my son's computer. We lucked out at the fifth place we tried. He went over budget slightly but got a much better computer than we thought he'd get. Anyway, I also picked up a little toy but didn't get any "After-Christmas bargains".
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast