Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Alaska Members- I will be cruising to Alaska and will have time in Ketchikan, Sitka, Skagway, and Juneau - are there quilt shops near the dock used by the Cruise Ships?

When we are in port in these cities I am hoping to find some quilt shops in close proximity to where we will be docked. I am trying to put together a list.

Also, if you have suggestions on a must see tour in your city I am open to your ideas. Thanks everyone...can't wait to see you part of the country.

Blog Entries
    You will be shocked at the prices there!! I bought fabric and it was about 1/3 higher than here

Yes there are, although I don't remember exactly where they are. We just wandered, and found them. We weren't in Sitka, but found the other cities very touristy, but still fun.

Blog Entries
    do a google search ahead of time to find out also if any quilt shops in those areas

Blog Entries
    Visited The Rushin Tailor in Skagway. Should have spent more time in the Alaska Shirt Store for souveniers to take home

I can't remember any fabric shops, but be sure to see the Lumberjack show in Skagway. It's a lot of fun!

Juneau, Skagway and Ketichan all have quit shops!!One in Juneau was small but has a lot. Loved all the shops and they are all within walking distance to the ship. (we went on the Alaskan cruise in 2008).