Alert! Pay your bills!

Old 08-23-2014, 06:59 AM

BEWARE of e/mails from PayPal - re:intend to close acct/arrears this is how it looks-I do not have a PP acct. Also be careful downloading those games on FaceBook A friend of mine has a 12 yo daughter who down loaded a FB game on my computer My entire system got infected It took 9 hours to undo the damage and $250 .
Old 08-23-2014, 07:14 AM

Thanks, mermaid. Hackers will try anything. I've learned not to click any links on emails. If I need to look at my account, I close my browser, reopen and go directly to the account in question. Keeps things safer that way
Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 AM

I didn't know what EZ Pass was, googled it, thank you, it is always good to learn something new.............remember be kind and everyone isn't on the same page...........
Old 08-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

thsnkd for warning we dont have tolls here either
Old 08-23-2014, 11:12 AM

I just wish I had half of the money that I have "won" in foreign lotteries!! LOL
Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 AM

I had my identity and debit card info stolen and used at a Shell station to buy food. Such a hassle to correct something like this, notify bank, cancel card, notify people I pay with automatic deductions from my account plus a trip to the Police Station in Augusta to fill out a police report.

The gas station says they have the guy on surveillance so we'll see where that goes. People, be really careful. I've had my card compromised at least 4 times because of major security flaws with retailers but the first time they actually charged something to my card. Thank goodness it was only $10.70. Next time they try I'm sure it would be for more if they got away with it this time.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:02 PM

The telemarketers are getting smarter too these days. They have now found a way to make it look like your own phone number is calling you but they didn't spell my last name correct so I knew something was up. I get a call from telemarketers most everyday if not twice a day using either my phone number or someone in town's. As they come thru I put them on "Blocked" but I'm starting to run out of room. I'm also on the "no call" list but that doesn't seem to be helping these days. Yesterday I decided to listen to their speel and clicked on the number they stated to talk with a real person. I immediatedly explained that I told them the last time to take me off their phone list and that I was on the "no call" list. She preceeded to hang up before I could finish my sentence. I was not rude either just precise of what the problem was.....................THEM!!!!! As most of the phone calls are recordings it won't help to report them and the fact they've learned to go thru the phone system so you can't see their real phone # I just tend to ignore the calls most times.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
I got an email this morning from the Collections at E Z Pass, saying I was in arrears with my payments for tolls and that they had repeatedly sent notice. To please click on the attachment to see my invoice. Well DUH!! We don't even have any toll roads in my little ole town nor in my state, that I'm aware of. There will be some people who will ''click'' it and end up with a bad intruder in their computer. Just putting the warning out there.
We have EZ Pass and use it occasionally when we travel. Ours is paid and up to date. My husband recognized this as a complete scam and reported it as such. You just can't be too careful.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Thanks!! EZ Pass is in Fl so I will watch out
Old 08-23-2014, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
We have EZ pass but have the auto replenish set up with Amex. My beef with them is actually with the State of DE. We go through a couple of tolls in DE a few times a year - on the shore route. EVERY time, we get a notice from DE stating that we owe tolls. All of our vehicles and trailers are registered w/EZ Pass. Every time we get the notice, I have to wait for the EZ pass statement; copy; mail with violations notice back to DE. Then get a statement from them to the effect 'oh, never mind'. What a waste of paper/postage. No other EZ pass toll that we use do we EVER have this issue - just DE. Guess I'll just keep copying/mailing.
We go to Philadelphia, PA from Virginia Beach, VA a couple times a year and get the same notices from DE every time. We jump through their hoops and get the same never mind letter. Wish they'd get it straight but it's good to know that it's not just us! Lol