Alert! Pay your bills!

Old 08-23-2014, 11:01 PM

I keep getting them also and we don't have toll roads in Alaska. I just delete them.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
There is now a bridge in Boston, MA (the Tobin Bridge) that you HAVE to use EZPass to pay the toll - no other option. There are no toll booths for cash anymore! If you don't have EZPass, they mail you a bill and ADD a surcharge to the toll!!! This surcharge is in addition to having to pay postage to mail check or money order to pay the toll. Get real, Massachusetts! There are some folks who don't need EZPass or don't want EZPass. Just another way for the government to get into our lives....Grrr.
This isn't just in Mass. We have it here on some of our tunnels, you can either pre-pay with EZpass or it'll scan you license plate and send you a bill. They advertised and let everyone know in advance what the fees would be at different times of the day and if you don't have the ezpay. I opted for the ezpay because I go across it about once a month but I don't have it set up on the auto refil because I don't use it that often. I just go up and check it every once in a while. When my daughter got her bill for the tunnel (she does not have ezpay) it was just under $5 but said if she didn't pay it by the end of the month it would be 25 late fee.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:27 AM

My E-Z pass is automatically replenished via my Visa so I know anything from them would be a scam.

Here are two potential scams we keep getting - (1) calls about our PSE&G bill (electricity/gas company). I live in a co-op and we don't get a bill, it's included in our monthly maintenance. (2) A recent call by my husbant to his insurance company opened with a free offer for a personal safety alert system, you know, you push a button around your neck if you're in need. Since we've been thinking about getting one for him he listened to the pitch, then put me on the phone. I found out it's a company that is not associated in any way with our insurance company. It was a hard sell - he could get this free with low montly fee only with this phone call, as soon as she gets our information a unit would be shipped right out. She also said the number we'd called was the wrong one and once she had our order she could give us a new number for the insurance company. We hung up, he dialed again (same number), got his insurance company and explained what had just happened. The customer service person had no idea what we were talking about and said it would be investigated. How the alarm system company had been able to cut into a legitimate major insurance company's number is a mystery. We haven't heard anything further but it's another warning to be super careful with anything that doesn't seem quite right.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
I got an email this morning from the Collections at E Z Pass, saying I was in arrears with my payments for tolls and that they had repeatedly sent notice. To please click on the attachment to see my invoice. Well DUH!! We don't even have any toll roads in my little ole town nor in my state, that I'm aware of. There will be some people who will ''click'' it and end up with a bad intruder in their computer. Just putting the warning out there.
After reading these pagers of comments I just got a Spam email about the EZ pass. So guess it has tagged onto the messages, not too happy about that tracking.