Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
All done shopping and then... >

All done shopping and then...

All done shopping and then...

Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 PM

When you have a movie that is made from a book that is as famous as the Hobbit, do any of you go ahead and read the biography of the author? I think the most read biography of J R R Tolkien is by Humphrey Carpenter. He was a fascinating man.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:01 PM

Legos are timeless. I have a huge plastic container full from all the sets I bought for my sons...who is now 32!! They will go to his kids one day but right now they stay at Nana's house to play with when they come.

I gave my 8yo DGS a K'Nex set for his birthday in November. I have pics of his dad (my son) and him working on it. It goes together different from Legos. He loved it so much because it has actual moving parts so DDIL suggested I get another in the series for one of his Christmas presents.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Oh, I'm closing in on being thru also. Had to go to Hancocks for 1 spool of black thread today and Big Lots is right next door. Parking lot didn't look too crowded and they had advertized an item I was looking for. I had to leave the store...I began sweating and shaking and was on the verge of a "panic attack"...too many people and too much stuff to look at...plus they didn't have the item advertised. On that of that, the cashier made an error and charged me $24.00 for 1 pack of copy paper. I wondered why my total was so high but the lines were so long, I didn't take the time to check my receipt until I got home!! Called them and now have to make a trip back to store tomorrow to get it corrected!

Sure do like ordering on line...except when they backorder an item that was in stock when I ordered! [sigh]