Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • All done shopping and then... >
  • All done shopping and then...

• All done shopping and then...

Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Default All done shopping and then...

My kindergartner comes home from school with a paper that says,"for Christmas, I want a Lego set." Guess I am off to buy one more gift. Each of my two boys gets 3 gifts so I guess a 4th wouldn't be too bad. I not big into overspending on the holidays and the kids are accustomed to 3 gifts. They are very appreciative. My 10 year old only asked for movie tickets to see the hobbit. How funny is that?
    Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 PM

Cute , we are going to go see the Hobbit also.

Are grandkids live out of state so everyone got gift cards. Shipping to just outrageous to buy things, wrap them and ship them off. I limited homemade items to things that will fit in the medium flat rate boxes.
    Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
    Power Poster

Saw the cutest Lego set at Walmart. The container was shaped like a giant Lego yellow head. I didn't look to see what it had in it but I thought what a great idea especially if they stack?
    Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 AM

Good for you (and the kids!). I am re-reading The Hobbit to "freshen up" my memory of it as it's been years (have re-read the trilogy a dozen times since HS but I lost my copy of the Hobbit ages ago).

Anyway ... I just saw a thing on the news yesterday about people getting nauseous while watching "The Hobbit" because of the way it is filmed in 48 frames/second (vs the usual 24). It made some folks nauseous and uncomfortable - didn't bother others. Only some of the theaters will carry it in 48 frames.
    Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 AM
    Power Poster

My youngest Grandson has almost all the Legos made and he plays with them alot. He has bought alot of them with his allowance and gift money. He saves up to buy the largest ones. I think they are great things, as they can play with them for years. Helps the imagination and creative side too.
    Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    Good for you (and the kids!). I am re-reading The Hobbit to "freshen up" my memory of it as it's been years (have re-read the trilogy a dozen times since HS but I lost my copy of the Hobbit ages ago).

Anyway ... I just saw a thing on the news yesterday about people getting nauseous while watching "The Hobbit" because of the way it is filmed in 48 frames/second (vs the usual 24). It made some folks nauseous and uncomfortable - didn't bother others. Only some of the theaters will carry it in 48 frames.
    my ten year old read the book twice already so I don't mind taking him to see the movie.
    Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 AM

I think Lego's are such a great gift. I only wish they would go back to the package of just lego's. Most of the ones I see today, make a certain thing.

As for the Hobbit, well I am going to see that too. Love the books, and am looking forward to this new movie. I have been following it along while they were making it. Very interesting how they did it with the different frames, etc. And some of the places they filmed are from the original movies too.
    Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 AM

Lego's are fun to play with. My 18 year old plays them with his brother who is 7. My oldest still has all of his lego models.

Best deal was when I bought a tub of lego's off ebay. They kids are still using them.
    Old 12-08-2012, 07:07 AM

My 7 year old grandson is really into legos. He is now playing with the legos his uncles had along with all the new sets he can get. I have some he can play with when he visits.
    When my kids were little Christmas gifts were limited to $50. They realized if they could let me know it was on sale they would get more. It didn't matter if $50 was just one gift or many. The limit was $50. It made them really think out what they wanted.
    Old 12-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Legos are a classic and great toy. I never mind buying toy like that, rather than the "Faddish" ones. Now I want to re read the Hobbit!