Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost 24 inches of snow in PA!

This is my Hubby starting to dig out from the storm! Feb. 6, 2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where in PA is Stewartstown? Love your picture! It looks very much like my area snowwise.

I think we must have gotten at least 18 inches where I am. At its shallowest (the parts where there are no drifts), it's up to my knees.

We are in south central PA. South of York, 4 miles from the Maryland border.

We have a lot of snow here in Ohio too. But I think you have us beat!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Wow, is he still digging out! Is that the most you have ever got at one time?

Karen from Indiana, USA

I am in Murrysville, PA SW PA and it looks just like our house. THANK HEAVENS....our power is back on, it was off for about 8 hours. Hope everyone is safe and warm.

Margie

Wow! You folks really got slammed!!! Grammynan, that pic of your hubby reminds me of what it looked like the winter that our son was born. Snow was piled so high there was no where else to put it. My neighbor and I were both expecting at any moment and the snow kept coming and the hubby's kept shoveling, terrified we wouldn't be able to get to the hospital and they would wind up delivering the babes ;-)

Take care and stay warm. I am in north central PA and we only got 1-2", but is terribly windy!

Margie, so glad your electricity is back on. Makes it really hard when it goes out. We were with out electricity for 3 days in during a windstorm one November...not fun.

DD lives in NW Philadelphia. She moved "south" as she hates winter. So far this winter, she has had two major storms and we have had none. They have already gone beyond allowed school closing days (she's a teacher in an inner-city school), so not sure how this will play out.

As her Saturday AM grad school classes were cancelled by Friday afternoon, she and her boyfriend headed to the Scranton area. They will stay at his parents house and are to go skiing this evening, head back to the city tomorrow. Kids!! Don't they know how a mother worries??

Peaceandjoy:

Our son lives in Rochester, NY area. I probably should call him and see how he is making out.

Kids don't seem to understand the mother worry thing. Our daughter and her hubby went Bungy jumping to celebrate her 27th Bday. Not enough that she is in New Zealand, but she had to do that and tell me before hand!!! :roll: Ahhh yes! Offspring...gotta love 'um! :D

Oh my goodness. Now I know why the radar over your area looked so bad!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast