Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: American Girl Doll clothes

American Girl Doll clothes

My DGD recieved and American Gril doll for Christmas. She was very excited but said "Grandma, I don't have any clothes for her". She asked for dresses and that started me sewing. Using odds and ends of trimmings and scrap fabric, these are some fo the dresses I have made for her doll. One dress is red, white and blue because every American girl should have a red, white and blue dress..especially in an election year. She will need the black cape for the cold Iowa winter. There are even openings for her hands. I have enjoyed this project and my DGD has loved to help chose the fabrics and styles of the dresses. She is 8 and we are having a great time.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Darling clothes! You do lovely work!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

All are adorable!! Easy to make, too. My daughter makes and sells them at craft shows.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Cute! You did a very nice job. I like the fabrics you picked.

Blog Entries
    Love them!

Nice work...I really like that you use trim...it really finishes the dress.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

My g dtr has been properly trained my her mother.... she wants dress to match her american girl doll dress!! they are cute when they match....

My dtr still has the matchign dress/doll/doll dress my aunt made for her when she was little.... she can't wait for her dtr to grow into it!!

Blog Entries
    My 4 (soon to be 5) DGD got an AG doll for Christmas, too. When she last came to visit, we spent hours looking at patterns on line and ready made clothes. I printed a pattern from a website. I only had time to make a top while she was here...because I had to "redesign" it as I made it because "Miss Picky" didn't like the way it fit! LOL We picked out a fabric to make a nightgown and she asks "do you have it made yet?". So I've got to get busy before she comes again!!

Love your clothes. That little red dot dress is so retro!!

I would have given my right arm for those clothes for my dolls when I was a child. They are fantastic.

Blog Entries
    They are adorable! Lucky granddaughter.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast