American Girl Doll clothes

Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
Love your clothes. That little red dot dress is so retro!!
I thought it looked like the dress you see the Shirley Temple dolls dressed in.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 AM

Janis, thanks so much for the sleeping bag pattern #! Next time patterns are on sale, I'm going to pick it up.

Seems like my to do list includes more doll clothes than anything else! LOL And I've got to get started or I'm going to be in the dog house with my DGD!

I've seen Hancock's "Lauren" doll but not out of the package so not sure of quality. Before my DGD was old enough, my DIL bought a non-brand doll for her...saw it yesterday and it's hair was wild...although this could be because of my DGD. LOL
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM

Love the dresses! I have my original Toni Doll from the 50s. I have to get myself motivated to make her some clothes. I hope your GD has her doll when she's my age! I smile when I look at my doll! I loved playing with her as a child and I'm happy to still have her. Thanks for sharing the doll clothes...you did a great job on them!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by weasier22 View Post
Love the dresses! I have my original Toni Doll from the 50s. I have to get myself motivated to make her some clothes. I hope your GD has her doll when she's my age! I smile when I look at my doll! I loved playing with her as a child and I'm happy to still have her. Thanks for sharing the doll clothes...you did a great job on them!
weasier22: I still have my Toni doll also. I remember selling chances from a punch card and also remember who got the other doll!! Don't know if yours came the same way. I named her Cheryl cuz I just loved that name THEN. My 7 year younger sister got hold of it and wacked at her beautiful black hair and painted her finger and toe nails red. She came with a red plaid with white bodice dress that still attires her. Made her a few clothes at the time but put the doll away AGAIN after my sister terrorized her. Now my DGD's keep asking for more clothes for theiir AG doll so need to accumulate some patterns. Great memories.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM

my GGD is only 18 months so she only knows how to take clothes off but I am looking forward to making clothes for her dolls that is how i got started sewing some 50 years ago.thanks for sharing they are adorable
Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 AM

The doll clothes are adorable. Great job.