Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Another tv series gone weird? >
  • Another tv series gone weird?

• Another tv series gone weird?

Old 07-21-2016, 06:48 AM

Yeah, same here, but I started the Wandering Pines then it got weird so stopped. Started that one with Halle Berry and it got weird so stopped it too. It is hard to find programs that are of interest to adults who do not watch Sci-Fi.
    Old 07-21-2016, 08:02 AM
    mac

Houdini and Doyle -- Canceled! Oh my goodness, I really liked it a lot. I hope they change their mind about cancelling it.

I can't say that I like a lot of the shows they have on these days. I still like NCIS, I'm wondering how it will do without DiNozzo or if his new show will be any good. I do like America's Got Talent, as long as I can watch on my DVR - otherwise too many commercials and fill-ins. I also like Rizzoli and Isles, but they are gone after this season.

I mostly watch the PBS mysteries and English comedies. Can't go wrong with those.
    Old 07-21-2016, 08:25 AM

Ladies watch "Call the Midwife"
    Old 07-21-2016, 09:51 AM

We have a subscription to Acorn TV through Amazon. It is a British network. My favorite is Murdock Mysteries. I also enjoy Doc Martin and Death in Paradise.
    Old 07-21-2016, 11:06 AM

I agree....I was a huge fan of James Patterson so decided this might be OK.....WRONG! I watched several episodes last season and quit. I am a devotee of "Bluebloods". I think it is a realistic as it can be and I absolutely love the family dinners around the table. Makes me think of the "good old days"....yes, I date myself! LOL!!!
    Old 07-21-2016, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom
    I have a DVR and love it. I DVR all sorts of things so I always have something I want to watch on my TV in the sewing room. I kind of liked Houdini and Doyle. I hope they bring it back. Not anything stupendous but a good watch. Some of my PBS favs that are currently on are Death in Paradise, Miss Fisher Mysteries and Wallander. I also like the Bones and Rizzoli and Isles shows. I find a lot on TNT that I like and some on regular channels. I've also gotten hooked on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. They have a lot of good mysteries, current and past.
    Still watching Bones, I know the next season will be its last. I noticed in the last episode Hodgins had some feeling in his leg...miracle healing?

Not really much on...and all of it so commercial laden...worse than I ever recall.

Last edited by slbram17; 07-21-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    Old 07-21-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by wendiq
    I agree....I was a huge fan of James Patterson so decided this might be OK.....WRONG! I watched several episodes last season and quit. I am a devotee of "Bluebloods". I think it is a realistic as it can be and I absolutely love the family dinners around the table. Makes me think of the "good old days"....yes, I date myself! LOL!!!
    yes, blue bloods is a fav of mine too....like you, love the Sunday family dinner...brings back wonderful memories. Is it coming back in the fall?
    Old 07-21-2016, 03:12 PM
    Power Poster

I like Mr. Robot. It's intriguing. Also American Gothic series is a simple fun summer who done it series, bad acting and all. Prime tv is falling so far behind in good series compared to Netflix and Amazon originals.
    Old 07-21-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I like episodes that are (more or less) self-contained. If I wanted a continuing series, I would have started watching the soap operas.
    I have to agree with this. I lose interest when the story goes on week after week. I tend to have a short attention span and like to watch the complete show in one sitting.
    Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 PM

Nobody mentioned Castle....a fall series, I know. Gone. And Nashville to CMT, which is on a cable package I refuse to spring for. So sad for the state of TV.