Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any one read "Gone Girl"???

Yes, I read it about 6 months ago and loved it. Some of my friends had suggested we do a book club with it but no one else finished it. I thought it was great.

Blog Entries
    My two favorites are James Patterson and Tami Hoag. Love mystery and who done it.

yes, it was a really good read
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I just downloaded Gone Girl on my Nook. two that I loved that I read recently are The Innocent by David Baldacci and The Witness by Nora Roberts. I loved the Harlan Coben series. and Michael Connelly 's The Concrete Blonde. I love the "who dun it" type books. Toss in a little bit tawdry romance novel a couple times a year and it rounds out. I have Dark Places lined up to download also. Hope I enjoy it as much as you ladies did
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

I was intrigued at first but then started getting bored with all the twists and turns...just too many. I skimmed the last 3 or 4 chapters and was disappointed in the depressing ending...so hopeless.

Something for me to check out. Favorite books. Alex Cross series, Patterson.. Eve Dallas series, J.D Robb(nora roberts) . Anna Pigeon series. Nevada Barr. Loved Tony Hillerman. There are so many that I can't remember off the top of my head. There is one I really liked set in Alaska and a second that used and older woman that travels from Alaska to the southwest (i think) by herself with her dog in an RV I am pretty sure both series were written by the same author or maybe its the same series can't remember.

I am wondering if you are talking about the Kate Shugak character by Dana Stabenow which is set in Alaska. I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and have read it twice. I love the Eve Dallas books. Anna Pigeon is tops! When my DH and I traveled to the southwest, I always looked for the places in which Tony Hillerman books were set. I loved Lonesome Dove and all the prequels and sequels and followed their trail too when we traveled in the southwest and into Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
    Something for me to check out. Favorite books. Alex Cross series, Patterson.. Eve Dallas series, J.D Robb(nora roberts) . Anna Pigeon series. Nevada Barr. Loved Tony Hillerman. There are so many that I can't remember off the top of my head. There is one I really liked set in Alaska and a second that used and older woman that travels from Alaska to the southwest (i think) by herself with her dog in an RV I am pretty sure both series were written by the same author or maybe its the same series can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
    I am wondering if you are talking about the Kate Shugak character by Dana Stabenow which is set in Alaska. I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and have read it twice. I love the Eve Dallas books. Anna Pigeon is tops! When my DH and I traveled to the southwest, I always looked for the places in which Tony Hillerman books were set. I loved Lonesome Dove and all the prequels and sequels and followed their trail too when we traveled in the southwest and into Montana.
    I just looked at some of the Dana Stabenow books on my library page and I don't think that's it. I wish my memory were better. I never did start reading the Lonesome Dove series. I have plenty of time so I may start once I get back to Ga and settle in.

Ah Ha I found it the author is Sue Henry.
    Last edited by damaquilts; 01-30-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2