Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having weather problems?

Warm and cold. Warm then cold. That's Texas weather. Yuo never know how to dress. Shorts one day and coats the next.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

We have had the air conditioner on for 4 days. Awful high winds, bad storm last night. Bad winds again today & colder than it has been in a week. Need the heat. People were at Walmart in shorts last few days. No place like East Texas.
    Live everyday so that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says oh crap she's up.

I think about every school and several businesses in Iowa is closed for the day. I even got a message from my LQS that she is closed at least until noon and maybe all day. I have no intention of going out at all today. We have several inches of snow and high winds howling and blowing the snow.
    A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars!

Blog Entries
    Wisconsin and Iowa, thank you for telling me what I have coming tomorrow. We are still having cold rain - sometimes heavy. I am under water between the snowbanks and will be icy when it freezes tomorrow before the snow comes. Of course, I have an out of town Dr app't. I'd try to 'shovel' the water out of the garage with a push broom, but there's no place for it to go.

Woke up to ice last Friday and stayed home from work. 65 mph winds came in last night...temp was 61...thankfully no damage, just a tossed around basketball goal and temp is dropping to the 20's and a chance of snow tonight! Weird weather in Kentucky!
    Pam Riggs

Blog Entries
    This is the strangest winter! Earlier this month, it was colder in Tucson than the East Coast. Then it warmed up for a few days. Then cold again. Today it is in the 70s. Up and down, up and down. It's not usually in the 70s in Jan in Tucson - but I'll take it when I can have it!

We had rain and wind but it is in the mid 50's here today so our snow melted.
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Blog Entries
    Here in Victoria Australia we are surrounded by bushfires that the firefighters say will take weeks to extinguish. In Queensland and New South Wales there are devastating floods, one cattle station 4000 head of cattle were washed away. The bushfires have also taken a heavy toll on farm animals and our native animals too, farmers are out shooting so many poor burnt animals that have been suffering for many days. Chicago, please send us some of that rain.
    Aussie Carol

It was Spring for the last 2 days and today its Winter again. Thankfully no snow or ice, could do with some rain though.

Blog Entries
    The winter here in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire has been anything but normal. A couple of weeks ago the lakes were still unfrozen and the temps were warmer than southern California! Then it got real cold; some of the coldest temps in two years. Tonight we have three weather advisories for dense fog, heavy rain and strong winds. They say we might have power outages.

New Hampshire expects snow and cold temps to freeze over our lakes. The State receives much of its revenue from skiing (downhill and cross country), ice fishing, dogsled racing, snowmobiling (we have more snowmobile paths than roadways in NH) and ice sailing competitions. This revenue helps keep NH free of sales taxes and state income taxes!
    You can choose to live your live as though nothing is a miracle; or as though everything is a miracle!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast