Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone use " Nzymes" for their dog? >

Anyone use " Nzymes" for their dog?

Anyone use " Nzymes" for their dog?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 AM

Hi, I feel so sorry for Rosie. It is so unpleasant. I adopted a Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Border Collie who suffered similar 'allergies'. Everything the vet prescribed did not work or was prohibitively expensive.

Through trial and error, we took one food stuff at a time out of his diet and quickly found out that he had ceoliac disease. We took all wheat out of his diet and he made a miraculous recovery. He lived to the ripe age of 14 having had over 6 very healthy years with us.

I hope you find a solution as easily as we did. Best wishes to you all.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 AM

My shih-tzu is prone to yeast infection in his ears. Found zymox to work wonders.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ydrocortisone.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by xstitchmaniac
My shih-tzu is prone to yeast infection in his ears. Found zymox to work wonders.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ydrocortisone.
Which product do you use and how??? Curious on this one - I like the prices better than what I'm using now, and since this is ongoing.......
Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Hi, I feel so sorry for Rosie. It is so unpleasant. I adopted a Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Border Collie who suffered similar 'allergies'. Everything the vet prescribed did not work or was prohibitively expensive.

Through trial and error, we took one food stuff at a time out of his diet and quickly found out that he had ceoliac disease. We took all wheat out of his diet and he made a miraculous recovery. He lived to the ripe age of 14 having had over 6 very healthy years with us.

I hope you find a solution as easily as we did. Best wishes to you all.
\
I'm glad you were able to go this route! My vet suggested the food trial process, but with my husband and mentally challenged daughter (although she listens better sometimes!!), I found it impossible to do the elimination diet successfully. That's why we had to bite the bullet and do the blood test.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 AM

I also have a chihuahua with/had an itching problem. I went to ALLERGICPET.com and bought the "SKIN-EZE' package, an all natural product for small dogs. $84.00 and worth every penny. No visits to the Vet this last summer which is a savings in its self. And no steriods for my lttle furbaby. I gave her a capsul at night, it sedates just a bit, and she slept soundly all night. At the worst times I gave it to her morning and night. If needed I used the spray for on the spot itching. And I use the shampoo for her baths. I haven't had to use it for about 3 weeks now and she is fine. I was so worried about all the steriods for such a small little body. Be sure to read the reviews, that is what sold me and prompted me to buy the product.

Good Luck and hope it helps you as much as for us.

Linda