Arrggggg new neighbors

Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 PM

Well it appears I have new neighbors, Let me explain a little. We own a corner of family property but have permission to use the rest of the corner. A small shed for a farm thrash machine blew down years ago in a tornado, Ok this piece of property was owned by the farming community and went for tax sale, It was a small building now unaccessable by road. Some people from downstate bought it and are planning to set up a camping spot there. Ok not so bad, I can't see it from the house ( I live out in the country) and no problem right? Well I have an old camper back in the woods that is my cottage, get away place, it seems that according to them in it very close to their property line, AND they are cutting down trees!!! HMM I will first meet them hopefully tomorrow and maybe we can work out an agreement but it seems (from what they told my son) they do not like it there. I sure hope she is interested in quilting!! Maybe we will be friends and they will accept my poor pitiful little hide away in the woods! I love to spend night back there! Coyotes howling, black as ink and quiet as can be.
OK venting over! feel better already!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

Hope you can work something out.

It's nice to have a getaway spot.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM

They don't like your camper that is on your property? Are they clear cutting the trees? Politely tell them if they don't like the view of your hideaway, build a fence.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:35 PM

Finding out who's property the camper is legally located on would be the very first thing I did.

Is it insured? Have you taken pictures of the inside and outside? Machine values? If they drop a tree on the camper, you'll need something for the insurance company or court! :thumbdown:
Old 08-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

If it is on your property, tell them too bad, they will just have to get use to it.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
They don't like your camper that is on your property? Are they clear cutting the trees? Politely tell them if they don't like the view of your hideaway, build a fence.
This
Old 08-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Finding out who's property the camper is legally located on would be the very first thing I did.

Is it insured? Have you taken pictures of the inside and outside? Machine values? If they drop a tree on the camper, you'll need something for the insurance company or court! :thumbdown:
LOL the camper is legally on My Brother in Laws property but after 38 years we have squatters rights and permission, the corner we live on is a triangle of useless property for anything else. This was an old building that at one time housed the farming community thrash machine. The building has been gone for 20 years or so, the property was apparently up for tax sale and these people bought it. I can only hope we can be friends. As we have a lot to offer, including easy access to their little chunk. The old camper I have is only important because my dad gave it to me and I have it all fixed up for just me. Nothing in it that is of value. I will have to find some pics to post.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Google Goddess

I hope you get it taken care of ok, love to see your hide away spot
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 PM

Hopefully they are only cutting enough trees for a campsite....It is hard to have to deal with neighbors after so many years. I know, it happened to us. We lived here for years in the woods. It was private and secluded. The lot our house faced was owned by someone in Mexico. We tried to contact them several times about buying the propery and never got a reply. Then out of the blue someone has bought it and built a house right in our faces. They have been there a few years now and we still haven't gotten used to it! :thumbdown:
Old 08-31-2010, 04:21 PM

[quote=Up North][quote=quiltinghere]I can only hope we can be friends. As we have a lot to offer, including easy access to their little chunk.

If you are nice to give them access to the property then they should understand why you don't want the trees cut.
Most people will deny access to property that way NO neighbors