Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Made this little Blankie for a neighbors GD..

Blog Entries
    She wanted a blankie for her baby doll..so i saw this BOM at Joanns..i didn't care at all for the quilt blocks in it..but the center strips were made up these applique blocks.. it was originally supposed to be 12 x 20. (just the green and white strip on either side) i just doubled the width to get 20 x 20.
    i think she will like it. i know i do.
    i have been depressed and needed to make something quick and cheerful,and for someone else..and mindless..! as you can see on the back side..i should of put the yellow piece in the center..when i was piecing the back to fit..so it really was mindless! Kim

For Lucy's Baby doll
    Name:  Attachment-50669.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  45.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just love the doll quilt. The colors are so refreshing and love the flower. Looks like center to me... Great job...

Very cute!!

Blog Entries
    very cute

What a nice doll blankie!!

I am sure Lucy and her baby doll will be very happy.
    And you are sure on the right track. Nothing lifts the spirits like seeing happiness on someone's face on account of something you have done. It is contagious.
    You did a good job.

and i bet she will love you forever ;-)

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    really cute!!

Blog Entries
    boy, when it rains it pours..my DD ended up in the hospital yesterday, she was having trouble putting words together. and her hands were numbing up on her..she is 23 weeks pregnant.thankfully they said the baby is fine. i talked to sarah this morning and she is waiting to see a neuro doc.
    i got to keep jack with me for a sleep over..how fun..he is almost 3 now.
    and yes, i needed to do something to cheer someone else up. to much sadness this week.

Well the quilt is very cute, I hope everything is alright with your daughter?!? Please keep us updated! Your family will be in our thoughts!

well, just call me Lucy, bc I don't know what you mean. It looks great to me! I would love it if I were a little girl, and I do, and most of the time, I'm not...but still a little girl sometimes at heart :wink:

Blog Entries
    Lucy, is my neighbors grand daughter..she just loved it! he little brother wanted to know what i made him..lol so i may have to make him a cloth bag with a pull string, for his little treasures!
    will keep you posted on sarah..she had a cat scan, now needs a special mri,where they focus on a certain part of the brain. they think it is an a-typical migrain with the symptoms she was having..so that is good news. so far.
    now, jack and i are heading to a pet shop to see the snakes and bunnies and turtles..( a free thing to do!)

Very nice :-P :-P

Love it!! So adorable!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Will keep you in my prayers, Kim!! :D :D

That is so cute. So spring like. I bet she will love it.

How wonderful of you to take your depressed mood and turn your energy to making something so sweet for someone else that mad them happy.

So sorry your daughter is having problems. I am sending prayers her way as I type. Please let us know how she makes out. I do know that pregnancy can cause women to have migraines or worsen the ones they have been getting.

Blog Entries
    she just got out of the hospital, all is well. they thought she was having a stroke or something else bad. she was not using the proper words that was was trying to say yesterday afternoon. they were both scared..on the bright side, Jack had a great sleep over with me! we play well together!

turned out, it was the results of a migraine..that just went and did different symptoms. she had MRI/CT scan and saw a neuro Doc, she is good to go now.. :thumbup:
    Jack is home with mommy and daddy..and i am one wiped out grandma!
    thanks for all the prayers and support and usual, you all are wonderful and loving!

Oh Waterstide, I am sooooo thankful that you DD is ok. I know that when pregnant migraines can be an issue. How scary for all involved. Bright side is you enjoyed your time with Jack...now relax and rest up. The darling grandkids can sure wear you out!

Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    boy, when it rains it pours..my DD ended up in the hospital yesterday, she was having trouble putting words together. and her hands were numbing up on her..she is 23 weeks pregnant.thankfully they said the baby is fine. i talked to sarah this morning and she is waiting to see a neuro doc.
    i got to keep jack with me for a sleep over..how fun..he is almost 3 now.
    and yes, i needed to do something to cheer someone else up. to much sadness this week.

Hi Kim,
    Lil Lucy's doll quilt is really cute! I am glad that she liked it and her lil brother wants something too! That is sweet of you to make things for them! They really appreciate it too!

I am so glad that things turned out well for Sarah at the hospital! And that you and Jack had a fun sleepover.

I am hoping that things get a lot more brighter for you than they have been as of late! Hopefully this will make you smile! The acrylic extension table is now finished. I will post pics of it later this evening in the pictures section.
    DeeDee

Blog Entries
    Awesome Dee Dee! glad you got it done! can't wait to see a picture of it! have you worked on your TAW?

just got home from the funeral home..so sad. Kim died from
    this:
    http://www.appendix-cancer.com/Appendix%20Cancer.htm

cancer of the appendix. never heard of it, and hope to never hear about it again. by the time they diagnosed it, it was to late.

Rest In Peace....Kim
    Name:  Attachment-53759.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  4.1 KB

Awesome Dee Dee! glad you got it done! can't wait to see a picture of it! have you worked on your TAW?

just got home from the funeral home..so sad. Kim died from
    this:
    http://www.appendix-cancer.com/Appendix%20Cancer.htm

cancer of the appendix. never heard of it, and hope to never hear about it again. by the time they diagnosed it, it was to late.

Pics are taken, now if I can find the patch cord to download them. Found it. Here is the pic of the extension table.

I haven't worked on my TAW lately. I have been itchin too tho so that I can see what all those bright and beautiful colors look like together. I have made a couple of totes and have been doing some mending lately too. Been busy with helping to take care of Dad more lately.

Kim, I am sorry to hear about your friend. I have never heard of appendix cancer either. Kinda scary to even think about. It is such a small useless organ too.

I just got back in from a funeral home in Livonia also. My cousin Becky passed away Friday. She suffered from MS for many years. Her kids never got to know her when she was healthy. She had not been able to even speak for a long time. Very sad!

Thank you again for the acrylic! I am looking forward to giving it a whirl. Are you and the girls getting together again before your TX trip to see your son? If so, let me know. I would like to join you. I had fun the last time out with you guys.

DeeDee
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is adorable. Great job.

Blog Entries
    Audrey hepburn passed from this cancer.

great job on the extension table! will make sewing a lot nicer..especially is you stipple!

Little lucy wants me to make some clothes for her american girl doll..next project! ought to be interesting..i don't exactly sew!

Blog Entries
    That is so cute.

Audrey hepburn passed from this cancer.

great job on the extension table! will make sewing a lot nicer..especially is you stipple!

Little lucy wants me to make some clothes for her american girl doll..next project! ought to be interesting..i don't exactly sew!

Kim,
    I think I still have some of those 18"? doll size clothes patterns (never used) if you want them, they are yours.
    DeeDee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast