Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Attn Horse People and Costume Creators!

I am thinking of a carousel horse......
    ABCDEFG

My daughter and her horse won 1st place at 4 different shows this past summer in the costume catagory. She dressed as a Pink Pig and her horse was a Pink Pig. Can you guess what they were. . . . . . . ." A Piggy Back Ride" PM me for details if you are interested. I might even be able to send you a picture. Everybody complains about making costumes for kids. Try making one for a 1200 lb horse. LOL

Should have added, have been doing this for several years. She has been a princess and her horse a frog prince. We have made C-Horses, Saw horses, she has been a rodeo clown and her horse a bull with aluminum foil horns. One of her horses is named Clown, so she dressed as a clown as did her horse, complete with red blinking noses and clown wigs. It does take a very special horse to do this. They must be exceedingly patient and NOT spooky. Her other horse Lakota absolutely will have not part of it. He's no fool!!!
    Last edited by DACO48; 10-04-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Added more information

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DACO48 View Post
    My daughter and her horse won 1st place at 4 different shows this past summer in the costume catagory. She dressed as a Pink Pig and her horse was a Pink Pig. Can you guess what they were. . . . . . . ." A Piggy Back Ride" !!
    OH MY! I love this idea! I just sent you a PM! thanks for sharing
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

kso
    "God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses" -- Robert Bontine Cunninghame-Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1890

Blog Entries
    I think the rider should be dressed as a horse and the horse dressed as a rider

my grand daughter did dressage and they had a costume theme contest too. She and "Lane" were dressed as clowns. Looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Hey Y'all all!

My daugher's best friend is in the World Finals in Perry GA the end of October for Barrel Racing and Pole Bending and I just found out they are having a costume contest for the horse and rider for Halloween!
    $300 cash prize!!!!!!!! Sooooo.....

I am calling on any and all persons, people, sewers, quilters ANYONE... that may have an idea for a costume for a horse and rider combo. Please share any pictures, links, patterns advise etc!

I have made costumes before for my kids many times but not one quite so big! I just really need some kind of idea to help her win! After all she is like my third daughter!

Thanks is advance Y'all!

Senior Member raspberryparade09's Avatar
    My daughter has gone as the bride, and the horse as the groom...
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Years ago, when I had horses, our white arabian mare was always in demand, because we could dye her fur with koolaid...she was green for st. patricks day, orange for halloween, etc...so if your horse is white by any chance...don't exclude the fact that you can dye him/her to suit your theme! Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2