Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
babylock Unity and purchased fonts >

babylock Unity and purchased fonts

babylock Unity and purchased fonts

Old 07-22-2016, 09:40 AM

Default babylock Unity and purchased fonts

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out. I have purchased some lovely embroidery fonts from Designs by JUJU, however I can not figure out how to combine more than 1 letter and print out a word. Does anyone here have any advice for me? Do you know of an easy way to bring the letters in one at a time and line them up? Do I need special software? If so do you know of an economical one? Thanks, Angela
Old 07-22-2016, 09:54 AM

I have been told about the Embrilliance, but I am not sure which one I would need and if I could learn it easily, I have a Mac computer.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Banned

I have Janome embroidery machines. I don't know the capabilities of your machine but I'll tell you what I do and maybe you can adapt it and make it work on yours. I choose my first letter then touch the edit button. The edit screen on my machines have grid lines. I move the letter to the proper position with the arrow keys, then hit edit again, open the right file and choose my second letter, now it will show up on the original edit screen. I move it into place, then hit edit again to get the third letter, etc.. and so on. As long as I don't touch the "ok" button each letter on the screen can be moved individually. I don't touch the "OK" button until the word is finished. I can keep going with more words too, as long as I don't hit the OK button. Once the OK button is pressed, if I want to edit, I can only move the word or words as a whole, not the individual letters. I sometimes will save the design to my machines memory if I think I'll use it again. My newest machine came with editing software but I haven't used it yet because I've been doing it on the machines long enough that I have it down. I do have a really old Brother machine but I've never attempted words on it because the screen is so small.

Cari

Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 07-22-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:37 AM

Thanks, Cari, I will give it a try. Perhaps I am hitting the ok button and thus setting it as a design.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:43 AM
Banned

I hope it works. Like I said, this process works for my machines but I don't know how different your machine is.

Cari
Old 07-22-2016, 12:30 PM

When you say "print out a word" do you mean on your printer? Or create something you can stitchout on your machine?

I have the Babylock Journey. The Babylocks generally have the same steps to add letters. There is a whole section in my manual that goes step by step. So check the manual! If you can't find yours, Babylock has them online that you can download.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:01 PM

I mean bring in more than 1 letter (embroidery design) and string together to create a word and have it embroider at one time.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by angelaz View Post
I mean bring in more than 1 letter (embroidery design) and string together to create a word and have it embroider at one time.
You might look at the merging software--pes only-- that is offered by http://bowsandclothes.com/shop/combine-design/
On the page is a link to the youtube tutorial..it is very simple, and I believe the cost is only $11 or $12. I bought it way back when it first became available and my trial cost was only $5. It will handle 4x4 hoop and 5x7. You just move the letters from your folder to the gridded screen until you have your words or design...then save back to your computer folder. It will not rotate or resize--just merge designs and letters to form words or custom arrangements. I may not have explained well, but you can watch the videos and see if this will help you--at least until you are ready to purchase a more sophisticated software. If I can offer further help, pm me.
Tho I mostly use my PE Design to form words, this was a novelty that I just had to try. It will get you started.

Last edited by mermaid; 07-22-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:20 PM

Thanks Mermaid, I think I can swing that cost. This is really all I want to do.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:04 PM

Embrilliance has a free program that I download my juju fonts onto. I can do a lot with them, and then load them onto my Babylock Ellisimo. You don't pay for anything but the fonts.