Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock unity/crescendo dual feed foot >

Babylock unity/crescendo dual feed foot

Babylock unity/crescendo dual feed foot

Old 04-10-2014, 05:43 AM

Default Babylock unity/crescendo dual feed foot

Hello! I am hoping that others with the above machine can help me out. Do you use this foot when you are piecing quilts or doing top stitching? My previous machine was a Pfaff 7570 and it seems to me my stitching was straighter and more even with that machine. I haven't been using the above foot and wondered if that was my problem since this foot is supposed to take the place of the IDT foot. It seems to me that the dual feed foot might get in the way of small pieces. How do others with this machine use it? Thanks for all help.
AngelaZ
Old 04-10-2014, 06:23 AM

I'll be watching this thread, as I have not used the dual feed foot on my Babylock yet. It just seems so bulky and ungainly.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 AM

I haven't used the dual feed on the Unity, but I did play with the Quest when it first came out. Pfaff didn't renew the patent and Babylock used it for the Quest. The Quest and the Pfaffs with IDT were the only machines I found that would sew certain leathers. The Quest didn't sew that much differently than my Pfaff 2170. In fact, the Quest would use Pfaff 9mm feet.
If Babylock has followed the same engineering quality, either go to a dealer and try it, or try using the newer Pfaffs.
The newer Pfaffs with the drop in bobbin seem to work well with IDT. Pfaffies love them. I don't like drop in bobbins, I prefer vertical.

It does well on piecing, but I would invest in a single stitch plate or learn to use scraps to begin stitching. Any wide zigzag stitch plate will drag fabric in, regardless of design.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:49 AM

I have the Crescendo and use the walking foot for quilting - Don't need it for piecing. It is bulky, but really not difficult to set up - and it works great. I have also tried it for binding, and it is fine, but I just don't need it for that.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:57 AM

It is the walking foot. use it for quilting.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:22 PM

It must have been changed then, the one on the Quest was identical with Pfaff's. You put it up and down behind the foot.
It was narrow enough to fit over the extra feed dog that Pfaff and the Quest had.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:52 PM

I have the crescendo and have used the walking foot (muvit) for straight line quilting and attaching bindings. For piecing I just use the 1/4" foot. Both work perfectly!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts View Post
I have the crescendo and have used the walking foot (muvit) for straight line quilting and attaching bindings. For piecing I just use the 1/4" foot. Both work perfectly!
I agree , this is what I do on my brother version of this machine, I use the vertical alignment foot for topstitching
Old 04-11-2014, 05:09 AM

Thanks to all who replied. I suppose it is as my loving son-in-law said - "Mom with as much as you paid for that machine, it has to be user error, go and take your free lessons". I have very little time to sew with work and home, I have had my machine for 10 months and have yet to take a lesson. I will check into what a vertical alignment foot is and also the 1/4 foot. I think it did come with a second plate.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:34 AM

It is great to go to the lessons, but if you can't get there, just work your way through the manual and you will learn a lot. It is very well written in my opinion.