Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad Weather, Storms, Lightning ,Hail & Tornados Who is getting them?

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,

I am in Indiana, USA and during the last few days we have had some major storms in our area.

Saturday we got 1 1/2 inches of rain
    Monday we got 2 1/2 inches of rain

and now today Tuesday, June 15, 2010 more storms heading our way with tornados

Karen "Craftybear"

Blog Entries
    please put where you are from?

Indiana, USA

lots of rain and sump pump is running non stop under our house

Ohio here. We get it after Indiana! We've had rain for 4 days straight, and lots of storms and lightening. A church not far from here has a statue of Jesus that is 6 stories high, with his hands raised. Lightening struck it and it caught fire! Totally distroyed it. Its been on the news and in the papers.
    The humidity is so high...really hard on the elderly, and people with breathing problems. This old lady is staying indoors!

Blog Entries
    yes, I just read about that on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by granniebj
    Ohio here. We get it after Indiana! We've had rain for 4 days straight, and lots of storms and lightening. A church not far from here has a statue of Jesus that is 6 stories high, with his hands raised. Lightening struck it and it caught fire! Totally distroyed it. Its been on the news and in the papers.
    The humidity is so high...really hard on the elderly, and people with breathing problems. This old lady is staying indoors!

I live in central California, so weather is very predictable here. Hot, hot and more hot until October probably. Don't get rain in the summer, I didn't even know that was possible, until a few years ago, when I traveled back east!! Had our first 100 degrees yesterday, yuk!

Not here, we have beautiful sunny blue skies, a slight breeze and about 75 degrees.

Blog Entries
    Here in Lexington it was hot and sunny all day, but got stormy looking about 5:30. Heard thunder , but it rolled past us, and now sunny again. We are to have storms this evening and tomorrow. Whatever IL. and ID. have, we usually get about 24 hours later. Sure hope you don"t get a tornado Craftybear!! Those are bad news!! Carol

Friday in Lima Ohio we had a tornado 1/2 block from where I was at my sons. Here in Northern Michigan it is cloudy and 70* humid. WE did have 2 1/2 inches of rain in Michigan overnight Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Central Alabama, lots of rain, thunder and lightening, but no bad wind, hail or tornadoes.

Blog Entries
    our weather is on now on tv and looks like the bad storms and tornados are south of Indianapolis from us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast