Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bartering for a 15-91 in Cabinet

Blog Entries

Bartering for a 15-91 in Cabinet

http://jackson.craigslist.org/bar/3243971222.html

This seller wants to "barter" for "man stuff"!! I've emailed him to see maybe what's he's looking for. I have a 15-91 but I really like this cabinet.

I know we go around the "circle question" about how much value is in a machine but I'm going to ask anyway. Is a "barter value" about the same as a "selling price? And what value range should I be looking thru my garage for??? LOL

Thanks,
    Carolyn

Blog Entries
    A barter in my opinion is an exchange for things, not necessarily the same value. "Man stuff" I would consider tools. Don't let him take advantage of you. Should you offer him tools, remember they can be very expensive too.
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

Barter value is when the two parties are both happy!

He may have a high value on the sewing machine ... and want LOTS of goodies from you.
    Or may not see much value in it, and be happy with the simplest of things from you.
    However, if it's stuff you don't want/need, then maybe you are ahead of the game.

As already said ... just know your values of what you will be getting and what you are offering ... and as long as you feel that you will win on the deal ... then that's all that matters!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~