Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
bawling my eyes out today - sad sad day >

bawling my eyes out today - sad sad day

bawling my eyes out today - sad sad day

Old 10-10-2009, 08:14 PM

Mum and I had to put our dear Miss Mew to sleep today. She turned 16 years old last month. She was a wonderful pussy cat and gave us not an ounce of problems or health issues. The last couple of weeks she began to lose alot of weight and her hind legs became very weak. So weak that last night (Friday night) she couldn't get down off the couch and when we carried her down, she was losing her balance and just staggered. She cried and meowed in what we figure pain from her legs the last couple of days. She gave up eating and would only drink water. The vet told us today, her little organs were starting to shut down. He also noticed just from feeling her that her little kidneys were very tiny and were probably starting to fail.

She is no longer in pain. It was very hard to see her that way and we knew it was in her best interest to do this. We didn't want her to suffer any longer. We miss her terribly.

She inspected our quilts up and down and underneath for 1/4" seam allowances and that everything matched purrfectly
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52297[/ATTACH]

No quilt was safe from her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52298[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-5493.jpe   attachment-52297.jpe   attachment-52298.jpe  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about Miss Mew :( Many ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) to you & Mom.
I know exactly what you mean - I went through a quite similar thing with zzyzx the cat in May. You are right, she is no longer in any pain & you know she is running & jumping & inspecting quilts on the other side of the rainbow bridge now.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Oh Andrea....BIG, BIG HUGS!!
I know what you are feeling and it does get a bit better with time.
She's not in pain anymore and just know that she's making some new friends across The Rainbow Bridge.

HUGS!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 PM

HUGS from here, too! We have 2 cats and I can't imagine the time we'll have to let them cross over. My heart goes out to you.....I was crying by the time I finished reading your post!!! :( :( :(
Old 10-10-2009, 10:06 PM

so sorry to hear about your little kitty - Our oldest is now 17 so I'm waiting for his day to come too. I'm sure you will miss your baby girl, but you have to remember she's not in pain anymore. You are in my thoughts and prayers...
Old 10-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Banned

Oh Aggi, I am so very sorry for your loss. There are lots of us here on the board who can sympathize. What a wonderful mommy you are to see that she is no longer in pain, as difficult a decision as it was.

When I lost one of my babies years ago, I found a passage from the writings of my religion that referred to "the souls of the lesser creatures". And that really helped, because I had incontrovertible proof that our pets do indeed have souls, which means that we will see them again someday.

Hugs and ore hugs to you.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 AM

Aggi I am so sorry for your loss of Miss Mew. I know it is really hard to lose a pet that we love so much. All the good memories that you have will help get you through this hard time.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Administrator

we are all very sorry for your loss. unfortunately, i have to point out that this conversation needs to continue in a PDA.