Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Beautiful Arkansas

Just returned yesterday from a trip to Eureka Springs, Ark. and the surrounding area. Stayed in a cabin on Beaver's Lake and spent a lot of time sitting out on the balcony just looking at the beautiful lake and mountains.

I visited two very nice quilt shops while there, one in Holiday Island on Hwy. 23 and the other on Hwy. 392 near Harrison. The sign on that one says they are the largest in the state. Be sure to check them out if you're in that area, you'll love them.

I was a little disappointed that the ladies at Holiday Island were packing up for a quilt show being held in a nearby town the next day, so I didn't get to see quite everything. There was still a lot on display though, and I had a very pleasant visit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have heard LOVELY things about that area...some day....

Blog Entries
    did you take pictures? Would love to see any that you took.

That entire area is just the most beautiful. Should have waited a few more weeks, you could have attended about 9 huge craft shows in that area, War Eagle is my favorite. You were only about 30 minutes from War Eagle while you were in Eureka Springs.

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. My husband and I are headed that direction this weekend.

We did go to War Eagle, we just love it. We've been there several times, and I never get tired of it. Brought home some packages of their bean soup mixes and cornbread mix too! Maybe we can make the craft shows next time. I love them too.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiane318
    That entire area is just the most beautiful. Should have waited a few more weeks, you could have attended about 9 huge craft shows in that area, War Eagle is my favorite. You were only about 30 minutes from War Eagle while you were in Eureka Springs.

I love it down there. It's beautiful.

Blog Entries
    the quilt shop on 392 in Harrison is Country Corners. Wonderful shop, wonderful folks. I got my Nolting long arm serviced there and since I had to drive about 90 miles I waited for them to work on it. So I got to spend quite a bit of time in the shop and visiting with the owner. She has wonderful quilts on display!! My machine now works wonderfully and I do not hesitate to recommend this shop anytime.