Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Beautiful Christmas Light idea Dried Apricots

Blog Entries

Beautiful Christmas Light idea Dried Apricots

I am sorry I do not have a photo, but will try to explain well. I did a google search and could not find a photo either.

A few years ago dh's favourite coffee shop had a Christmas tree with beautiful large orangy lights. On closer examination it was fairy lights with dried apricots.

We have used this at home ever since. You slip the dried apricot at the stem end over the light. It takes a lot of apricots, but the effect is beautiful. Instead of putting them on the tree, I use a strand on my dining room chandelier.

Unfortunately, you cannot store the lights and apricots to use again. Or maybe you could, but I would be worried about bugs and vermin being attracted to the dried fruit.
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

Blog Entries
    Wow that sounds really neat

Blog Entries
    Interesting. I was going to ask if they were real or fake, but then realized they probably don't make fake dried apricots... Duh....

I'm a nervous Nellie. I'd wonder if dried apricots aren't just moist enough to possibly cause a short. Whatever you do, don't put them outside because they night attract birds or squirrels, who could be hurt, and an electrocuted chickadee hanging from your wreath might not be quite the effect you had in mind!
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley