Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Before you get into your car - - >

Before you get into your car - -

Before you get into your car - -

Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Before you get into your car -

Do you do a quick walk around it to check things over?

Is there anything in back of it to move away or watch out for?
Are there kids around?
Are all the tires round?
Any new dings, dents, or scratches?
Are your windows and lights clean?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Yes, I have to do that. Neighbors have small dogs and 3 small, precious kids. They all are enthused to see new faces and run out to greet me, and since I'm hard of hearing I watch VERY carefully for them.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

You can't be too careful. Good reminder:)
Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the reminder about the car. My problem is my youngest DGS has a BAD habit of running up and slapping the car when you start backing up. I almost frailed his behind last week and explained to his father that it was NOT funny especially if he tripped while he was running and the Slap was me running over his head. I wanted to throttle both of them. I finally got my DGS to understand that getting near a moving car could end up with him getting a bad boo boo with lots of blood. Hated scaring him but I was terrified and I would swear my heart stopped beating when I heard that thud.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 AM

double post+internet problems+
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mimito2
Thanks for the reminder about the car. My problem is my youngest DGS has a BAD habit of running up and slapping the car when you start backing up. I almost frailed his behind last week and explained to his father that it was NOT funny especially if he tripped while he was running and the Slap was me running over his head. I wanted to throttle both of them. I finally got my DGS to understand that getting near a moving car could end up with him getting a bad boo boo with lots of blood. Hated scaring him but I was terrified and I would swear my heart stopped beating when I heard that thud.
Daddy's not very smart, huh?

Saw a guy driving the other day with his two 10 - 12 year old kids standing in the backseat with the top halves of their bodies out the windows. They thought it was funny. I'm reasonably sure the Dad thought it was safe because he was driving in the development. Idiocy. I thought of my Mom's friend, who was a school bus driver, who broadsided a car with the bus. (Car driver didn't see the bus and pulled out in front of it.) The drivers daughter had her elbow out the window. You guessed it - the arm was crushed and unrepairable, so it was amputated.